What banks will still take deposits of rolled coins?

No bank KT deals with in central AR will take rolled coins...they want them either dumped in a coin machine or if there are just a few dollars, they will hand count them, but if you bring in rolls, they will tell you break the rolls and put through their machine. KT runs 1000s of halves per week and has not found His bank's machine to ever be off on that denomination. However, the way KT gets lots of overages, is due to the fact that the machine often clogs up with pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters or 1 dollar coins, the small ones, when the machine is dirty. Once cleaned they all run through like they are supposed to!

KT's experience with other dumpers is that they are pocket change keepers mostly, and really have no idea how much they have until they get the machine ticket...they also are prone to dump trash in the machine, including nails, screws, shell cases and live rounds :shock:, rings, earrings, and even pull tabs and buttons, paperclips and even got a couple of syringe needles once, real teeth (Kid's baby teeth) and even gum wrappers...whatever they dump in their coin jar at the end of the day! THAT's why the machine gets dirty often!:lol::lol:

Mine you can use the coin deposit machine. Hand them the rolls. Or hand them loose or damaged coins. I don't usually hand them the rejects from the coin deposit in case they think I'm the one dumping dirt in there. We seem to have cleaner clad than people who take it in from their car cupholders and kitchen countertops:lol:

KT's experience with other dumpers is that they are pocket change keepers mostly, and really have no idea how much they have until they get the machine ticket...they also are prone to dump trash in the machine, including nails, screws, shell cases and live rounds :shock:, rings, earrings, and even pull tabs and buttons, paperclips and even got a couple of syringe needles once, real teeth (Kid's baby teeth) and even gum wrappers...whatever they dump in their coin jar at the end of the day! THAT's why the machine gets dirty often!:lol::lol:

Yeah, I found nose piercings, a pot pipe bowl, pills, etc. in the reject. I wash my hands first chance I get touching the reject tray:lol:

The three local banks that I get CWR of pennies from obviously accept them. However, you must have an account at that bank and two of the three require that you put your account number on each roll. Each week that I pick up pennies from those two banks the tellers have to mark out the account numbers before they give them to me. I understand that for security reasons but I often wonder why they have them put it on there in the first place when they know I'm going to get them. Anyways, not complaining, I like the CWR better than the fed rolls.

so your saying, if I were to pump 20$ in gas and try to pay with rolled coins (let's say nickels) they have a right to refuse payment? Sounds illogical

Back
Top Bottom