OK PI Gurus "VLF welcome too"

Surfmaster,

For one, I apologize if I ever laid a negative post on you. I can't remember when I did, but if so, my bad. If you perceive me stating my opinion on a CZ vs an F75 on a wet, salt beach as negative, I don't know what to say.

You state yourself that you never used your CZ on the beach. I guess my post about a CZ being better than an F75SE in wet salt sand holds water since apparently you never compared the two in that environment ( I have ).

For the record, I have used about 8 different PI units on the beach here in NJ as well as over 20 different VLF units over the course of my 25+ years beach hunting. I currently have 2 PI units now...an Infinium with the 10x14 mono coil on it, and an Eric Foster Gold Quest SSV2 with a 10 inch coil on it. BOTH go deeper and are more sensitive to gold targets than any VLF machine I have ever used in the wet, salt sand (the key being units I have used). There have been, however, some PI units that were not as good as my CZ's depth wise, but were more sensitive to smaller gold targets and smaller lower conductive targets than most VLF units. Again, this is strictly on a wet, salt beach. So there are trade offs as well as what needs to be used based on the conditions. There are certain beaches here at certain times of the year where depth is the LEAST concern due to all the iron trash among the silver coins. Might as well throw a PI unit into the garbage during those conditions and I don't care how good one is with a PI when those conditions arise. Other times the only way you can get a target is by using a PI and LISTENING intently to the whispers. Like I stated before, horses for courses.

The last paragraph was a general statement not directed at anyone...don't want to hurt anyones feelings.

therover

The cz70pro is a older unit frankly i can tell you that i could have used it on the beach but cant remember it's been year's,as far as 25 years of detecting congrad's ,it's been 35 going on 36 for me,congrad's on your usage of so many machine's,on Nj beaches,i curently have 3 land and 4 water machines,that's enough for me,like i said on my earlier post,thread header was about CZBOB, and was about his CZ21 ,not interested in discussion about what you have,what you have tested ,or were you hunt,your appology accepted,happy hunting Earl

Earl,

If you actually used your CZ70 in salt mode on a wet, salt beach, you might have known it acts like a CZ21 ( but with an additional tone ), and would not have made the statement that an F75SE would tear it up (which is totally false under those conditions). If you meant that it would tear it up in an iron infested land site, then I agree.

And guess what... that OLD CZ70 will still blow the doors off of most units out there barring it is working properly.

If you are not interested in what units I have used, then don't read my post...but don't comment on it either ! Kinda defeats the purpose of not being interested.

That's a valid point Surf! Which is why I made a point of stating it was new. I think someone who has used one for several years could probably get more depth than I did, but in that particular test, on my beach, those were the results. I was also testing it with a fellow detectorist who has over 25 years of experience with several machines including the Whites PI. We both took turns tuning the machines and listening. Maybe it's just my area. Like I said b4 all detectors are just tools for different functions, and I don't see the harm in owning many different types of circuits. I appreciate your view on my opinion but, as I said its just my humble opinion. Take it with a grain of sand... And maybe a bobby pin or two. ;-p
Dig you said you did a test with a Excalibur 2 1000 and a New Surf Pi Df,? how can you test anything without knowing the machine well enough to test.Synthnut ,you like Cz,s so much,i have a hot Cz70 pro 8,with,the hard to getO sunray invader 12.5 coil 4 sale,because it is collecting dust ,cause thr f75se and the e-trac tear it up,i let the girls use it:laughing:Terry watch NEW ENGLAND :snowtruck:over the GIANTS,Happy hunting guy's :pirate2:

Back
Top Bottom