Re: Metal Detecting Manual, by Dan Hughes

cyberfish2

Re: Metal Detecting Manual, by Dan Hughes

I pretty much read it cover to cover after it came in the mail yesterday. You did a great job of explaining the basics so that pretty much everybody should understand it, and without dumbing it down. I very much enjoyed the humor and the stories.
I was somewhat dismayed to get the impression much of the good stuff is deeper. I should have suspected as much; some of our many gold mines go down 11,000 feet. Digging in the Sierra cement requires a backhoe, and a jackhammer, neither of which my financial manager (read "wife") has yet approved. Leache digger? Hehehe, can I pound on the handle with a BIG hammer?
I live about 3 mi. from the Nevada County Fairgrounds, and detect there on a fairly regular basis. There are several reasons for this: permission is not required, it has a well kept public bathroom (important at my age), some of the grass gets watered, it has lots of shade trees (it was 98 here yesterday), and it has frequent, large events. I dug, or found, 71 cents, a pretty good morning for me. Got to admit, most of my stuff is on the surface, or less than 3 inches down; you need training, and a permit to buy dynamite. I leave the deep stuff for the younger, stronger, out-of-work lumberjacks.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom