• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV vs Fast Tracker

turtlefoot

Headstamp Addict
I have a question that I am sure is out on the net in plain sight somewhere but I am going to ask anyway. Is there any difference in the processor between the Tracker IV and the Fast Tracker other than the meter? I have never used a MD that has had a meter so I guess I don't know what I am missing (I used a White's Coinmaster Classic III last). I know that the Fast Tracker comes with a 7" coil instead of an 8" coil but according to Bounty Hunter's website the Fast Tracker has a 4", 7", 8" and 10" coil available for it.

I can get a new Fast Tracker for around $50.00! I don't want to waste my money but if it is basically a Tracker IV without a meter it might be the way to go for me.

BTW I plan on using it in all metal mode 95% of the time or more. It will be basically used for relic hunting on private properties.

Thanks for any advice.
Doug

Howdy, save alittle more money and get the Garrett Ace 150 for around 160.00 or the Ace 250 for 199.00. You would not regret it for one second. But between the two you mentioned the Fast Tracker would be my choice because more coils are available for it.

I started out with the Tracker IV and still use it in tot lots. I have no idea what the meter on it is for. I have never used it. It's a nice machine though. Sturdy, easy to use, and has great battery life.

Just thought I would let everyone know that I got an email from Bounty Hunter and I quote

"Yes you are correct in that the TK IV and the Fast Tracker have same basic metal detection circuit. The TK IV has a multi-tone mode, but if you are going to use it in all-metal mode, then yes, the Fast Tracker will work just fine for you."

That's interesting for me.

Doug

All bounty hunter coils will interact will all bounty hunter detectors. I would also get the 10" coil if you plan on hunting any fields or open areas. Makes quick work of it.

If I pick up a BH I plan on getting a 10" coil just for the fact that I hope I can gain a little more depth for some of the larger relics that I am in hopes of finding.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom