Who makes big noise on the 4th

Elite Member
Happy safe 4th everyone! Big noise is so fun,the bigger the better. I've been making black powder since I was a kid and I have my method down pat. I even make my own willow charcoal,well done makes the best powder. I love making noise all year long but the 4th there is lots of it. Keep it under window shattering at the lake is the big thing because it really bangs the shore. I collect cannons and if you ever been around a good size cannon over water you know what I mean. Black powder is lots of fun! Enjoy the 4th and be safe. HH 401K

Attachments

• IMGP1044.jpg
    IMGP1044.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 187
I really love the big explosions , the bigger the boom the better , which is likely part of the reason for my hearing loss. The best of the fireworks at the shows are the ones that make a quick flash but awesome BOOM....if it feels like someone is hitting you in the chest its good ! The loudest explosions I have heard though were from blank rounds fired from actual military cannons on a parade field during a ceremony. I think we were probably put in formation a little too close for anyone without hearing protection , after the first shot all I could hear was a loud ringing in my ears , by the last shot I literally wondered if my ears were bleeding. Awesome shockwave felt through all of it tho. Seems strange that on an army base the air force and marines were put so close to the cannons tho while the army troops were at a safer distance. I wondered if they did that on purpose :shock: .....not exactly fourth of July fireworks but the BOOM was cool.

I really love the big explosions , the bigger the boom the better , which is likely part of the reason for my hearing loss. The best of the fireworks at the shows are the ones that make a quick flash but awesome BOOM....if it feels like someone is hitting you in the chest its good ! The loudest explosions I have heard though were from blank rounds fired from actual military cannons on a parade field during a ceremony. I think we were probably put in formation a little too close for anyone without hearing protection , after the first shot all I could hear was a loud ringing in my ears , by the last shot I literally wondered if my ears were bleeding. Awesome shockwave felt through all of it tho. Seems strange that on an army base the air force and marines were put so close to the cannons tho while the army troops were at a safer distance. I wondered if they did that on purpose :shock: .....not exactly fourth of July fireworks but the BOOM was cool.
Awesome! The percussion keeps ya in check and lets ya know whats going on. Makes ya think! I have a warning horn at the lake because I scared people out of their chairs onto the floor before. The people in boats way across the lake say the percussion goes right threw them like a hammer. But we all love it over here because of all the big booms through the summer. Happy 4th 401K

Happy 4th to you all!
We'll be gathering with the neighbors here for potluck and shooting off fireworks. I always try to get the biggest kaboom they sell here! People have been practicing all week here :laughing:

Happy 4th to you all!
We'll be gathering with the neighbors here for potluck and shooting off fireworks. I always try to get the biggest kaboom they sell here! People have been practicing all week here :laughing:
Happy safe 4th! Ya can get a thunder mug with a 1 inch bore off ebay real reasonable that is about as loud as a stick of tnt. The black powder is somewhat costly, around $25 per pound shipped from the Maine Powder House or amazon the nitrate and sulfur, charcoal from home depot and make it for less than $3/lb. It went up and less suppliers on the nitrate but around $120 /50lb shipped. HH 401K

Happy safe 4th! Ya can get a thunder mug with a 1 inch bore off ebay real reasonable that is about as loud as a stick of tnt. The black powder is somewhat costly, around $25 per pound shipped from the Maine Powder House or amazon the nitrate and sulfur, charcoal from home depot and make it for less than $3/lb. It went up and less suppliers on the nitrate but around $120 /50lb shipped. HH 401K

Thanks, here in SD they sell the bigger fireworks that are probably illegal in other states. It's very close to commercial stuff and ready to go out of the box.
I like to DIY, but this is not something where you want to make a mistake. Simply not worth the risk...

Thanks, here in SD they sell the bigger fireworks that are probably illegal in other states. It's very close to commercial stuff and ready to go out of the box.
I like to DIY, but this is not something where you want to make a mistake. Simply not worth the risk...
Your lucky, CT. the biggest thing you can buy is a sparkler. I thought the same thing many times and still the batches get bigger and bigger trying to save time. I do have bomb apparel and ballistic protective gear and my house still has a roof. LOL My house still having a roof is the standing joke around here.

I know how to make tannerite, a couple years ago on dec 31 i made one to big and shot it at midnight, it was placed about a hundred yards from my house so i can shoot it from my back porch and the percusion knocked the picture frames of my wall and my closest neighbors wall which is 10 acres away, they were waiting for it though, a couple days later a neighbor that lives about a mile away asked me if i had heard a loud explosion at midnight on the 31 st he said his glass slidding doors rattled:shock:

I used to love the sound of a mortar round coming out of the tube and blowing up in the sky... the clean sound of "thump" as it lifts off was cool.

(After hearing and seeing real mortars, coming out of tubes... not so much anymore)...

The explosions on the 4th are prettier.

My favorite is the big flash bang ones at the show. I remember one year long ago that there was a low cloud cover. You could hear the boom rolling under the cloud cover. Sounded very cool.

Happy 4th to everyone. I'm just going to chill at home like any other day BUT I am going to hit the grass fields around the fireworks where all the people habg out. Hope to get some amount of clad and maybe some gold.

I've always been fascinated with 1.4 consumer grade fireworks. Unfortunately, NJ is one of those states where EVERYTHING is banned and the Jersey Shore is way too congested to set up a sizable show.Luckily,Pennsylvania allows anyone from NJ to buy the largest consumer grade fireworks available. So I buy in PA and drive to my cousins house in a legal state to set up a show. My favorite type of firework that I use in shows are 1.75 inch canister shells, because although the breaks aren't that symmetrical, they FILL the sky with color and reports.

I've been tempted to get into the electronic firing systems and setting up a "real" show using 1.4 also.

I've always been fascinated with 1.4 consumer grade fireworks. Unfortunately, NJ is one of those states where EVERYTHING is banned and the Jersey Shore is way too congested to set up a sizable show.Luckily,Pennsylvania allows anyone from NJ to buy the largest consumer grade fireworks available. So I buy in PA and drive to my cousins house in a legal state to set up a show. My favorite type of firework that I use in shows are 1.75 inch canister shells, because although the breaks aren't that symmetrical, they FILL the sky with color and reports.

I've been tempted to get into the electronic firing systems and setting up a "real" show using 1.4 also.

You should try a 3 inch shell and launcher.. they are fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom