Buffalo nickles

rseasy1

Elite Member
I posted a thread in the General disscussion section on traded a bullet for 7 rolls of buffalo nickles and not a single coin had a date on them.
So now what to do with seven rolls of buffalo nickles I was thinking of makeing a display with them or something usefull any suggestions?

If you're curious as to their dates, there's a product called 'Nic-a-date' which is some type of acid that will most times 'make' the date appear on those smooth nickels. If you find any key dates though, their value is gone for having used this, but it would be fun to try. You can probably pick some up at any coin shop for a few $$. Good luck and let us know how it goes. : )

Well, depending on how MANY nickels you have... Google the phrase "penny floor" and prepare to gasp!

I do believe that could be done with pennies OR nickels, dimes, et cetera and would make an excellent craft project to "use up" otherwise worthless coins found. Floor, counter top, table top or even just making a set of coasters! Maybe a set of hexagonal coasters with glued on cork bottoms and acrylic coating over the coins.

SageGrouse

cash the 14 dollars in and buy you a couple of junk silver quarters and maybe a junk barber dime........................

Hobo Nickels

Another idea would be to make "hobo nickels" out of them:yes:
Maybe you, or someone you know could carve some cool designs into them.
People everyday are creating art with coins and I can't think of a better use for these old nickels.

Google the term "hobo nickels", I think you will like them!
Just my 5 cents worth:lol:

AL

Back
Top Bottom