No till garden update

Vlad

Owner/Administrator
Admin
Thought I'd post a few pics of my no dig garden experiment.
So far I'm really impressed, we we able to plant many different veggies and mixed a lot of the plants together instead of making rows of the same. The purpose of this is pest control. It definitely helped. We also mulched everything with wood chips and this controls the weeds, keeps the moisture and lowers soil temperature. Have not done any weeding to speak of and I love it. (I hate weeding LOL)

So far we had a ton of lattice, been eating zucchini for a week now, cucumbers are starting to produce now. A few strawberries but not much, gooseberries almost ready, corn nearly to my shoulder. Potatoes doing well.
Onions are huge :shock: Lots of other stuff as well...

I will be selling the tiller as I see no need for it now. It seem that things are growing much better without it. In fact, I'd say it's the best garden we've ever had and we hardly had to do any work, just plant and mulch and pick!

_1270114.jpg

_1270118.jpg

_1270138.jpg

_1270145.jpg

_1270143.jpg

Thanks for looking, please post your garden pics/tips if you wish.
Oh, and happy 4th of July everyone!

Nice! I hope that no-till gardening works good for ya. I know that the no-till cow corn that gets planted around here dose not produce the same ton/per acre as the harrowed ground. Have lots of fun with your garden and enjoy the harvest. Happy 4th! 401K

I have read and heard good things about no till gardening. I havent tried it yet but I am going to. Less work and ultimately better for the soil and plants too , thats a winning combination. Congratulations on a nice looking garden.

Top notch Vlad! And that's coming from someone off an Organic gardening forum:lol: Excellent plot of veggies! Like that better than square foot gardening.

Thanks guys!
I have to confess, I was very skeptical when I first heard of it, but after doing some more research it made a lot of sense. So I tilled for the last time in the fall and built raised beds, planted some garlic and mulched everything for the winter.

Cool thing is, now you can plant some perennial flowers or herbs around the beds to attract the pollinators and beneficial insects and not only you are getting veggies, you garden looks like a little piece of paradise!

Couple more shots from this morning...

_1270109.jpg

_1270125.jpg

_1270103.jpg

_1270136.jpg

Nice pics! Now I understand more and raised bed gardens are Awesome! The way to go in my book. You can make a real nice garden lay-out,multi-tier, all kinds of enjoyment.

GREAT looking gardens, super variety and all the plants look happy! What chili are you growing there? Looks like one I use alot of here called xcatic...

GREAT looking gardens, super variety and all the plants look happy! What chili are you growing there? Looks like one I use alot of here called xcatic...

Thanks, I believe it's a banana chili. I might have some other chillies hiding around, not sure what kind they are though, I have to look at the tags...

Back
Top Bottom