Ace 250 users

mrdjfeltimo

Elite Member
During my short morning hunt today (45 mins), i discovered that getting those jumpy "pulltab/penny/dime" signals whilst in jewelry mode going both ways NORTH/SOUTH, EAST/WEST, then digging to the required depth, i would no longer get the signal on any tone, However switching to all metal i would pick up the IRON tone, upon further investigation it would reveal a NICKLE, this new discovery is great, 95% of me doing this it was a nickle, i ended up with 12 nickles that i would usualy give up for ghost signals :D.
I hope this helps all the 250 users out there.
I love this MD and i love learning it, so much fun.
Anyway thanks for reading
HH Dan

This is golden information! I dig very few nickels and I had already given up on finding any buffs. I will try this ASAP. Thanks!

getting those jumpy "pulltab/penny/dime" signals whilst in jewelry mode going both ways NORTH/SOUTH, EAST/WEST, then digging to the required depth, i would no longer get the signal on any tone, However switching to all metal i would pick up the IRON tone, upon further investigation it would reveal a NICKLE

some interesting info there!
i'm just wondering if you use a separate pin-pointer or are you just using the pin-point feature on your Ace? and after you dig to the depth and then you switch over to the all metal mode, is the target actually at the pin-pointed location and still at the original depth as when you first got your jumpy signal or is there some slight differences in the actual depth/location?

Pete

some interesting info there!
i'm just wondering if you use a separate pin-pointer or are you just using the pin-point feature on your Ace? and after you dig to the depth and then you switch over to the all metal mode, is the target actually at the pin-pointed location and still at the original depth as when you first got your jumpy signal or is there some slight differences in the actual depth/location?

Pete

I am just using the 250`s PP feature right now, and after digging, the target is where it should be, at the depth that the PP tells me it was at, and as for as detecting any other objects in or around the hole, i dont pick up anything else.

Dan

I am just using the 250`s PP feature right now, and after digging, the target is where it should be, at the depth that the PP tells me it was at, and as for as detecting any other objects in or around the hole, i dont pick up anything else.

Dan

yep, ok Dan, sounds like something i gotta try next time i'm out! thanks for the info. :yes:

Just shows how accurate the meter is or should I say how inaccurate it is :hide:.

i find my 250 to be very close, especially on coin-sized objects. as a matter of fact, the target ID system and the depth indicator is mainly based on coin-sized items. larger or smaller targets will tend to vary a bit.
where i do have a pro pointer and if my meter says an item is at 2 inches depth, i won't even dig until i scan the ground first with the propointer. i can dig MUCH smaller holes that way.

i find my 250 to be very close, especially on coin-sized objects. as a matter of fact, the target ID system and the depth indicator is mainly based on coin-sized items. larger or smaller targets will tend to vary a bit.
where i do have a pro pointer and if my meter says an item is at 2 inches depth, i won't even dig until i scan the ground first with the propointer. i can dig MUCH smaller holes that way.

I have also noticed that when it`s reading 2 inches, if you place the coil on the target area WITHOUT MOVING and it beeps rapidly the coin is very close to surface and the PP on the MD is then extramly accurate, I dont have a seperate PP so this really helps me out, so then i can just move a little earth to reveal the coin.
hope this help
HH
Dan

My 250 usually does nickels well. The depth is correct and I use the Pro Pointer and it is right there. I get a couple each hunt. Got 7 today.

My 250 usually does nickels well. The depth is correct and I use the Pro Pointer and it is right there. I get a couple each hunt. Got 7 today.

Yeah i agree, mine does well too, but buy discovering this little diddy, i am digging many more, so that means maybe, just maybe i might be lucky enough to get some oldies and knock a few of my wish list :D

I have also noticed that when it`s reading 2 inches, if you place the coil on the target area WITHOUT MOVING and it beeps rapidly the coin is very close to surface and the PP on the MD is then extramly accurate, I dont have a seperate PP so this really helps me out, so then i can just move a little earth to reveal the coin.
hope this help
HH
Dan

Very very true!

During my short morning hunt today (45 mins), i discovered that getting those jumpy "pulltab/penny/dime" signals whilst in jewelry mode going both ways NORTH/SOUTH, EAST/WEST, then digging to the required depth, i would no longer get the signal on any tone, However switching to all metal i would pick up the IRON tone, upon further investigation it would reveal a NICKLE, this new discovery is great, 95% of me doing this it was a nickle, i ended up with 12 nickles that i would usualy give up for ghost signals :D.
I hope this helps all the 250 users out there.
I love this MD and i love learning it, so much fun.
Anyway thanks for reading
HH Dan

I wonder if this is the same if you just use all metal mode in the first place. I rarely use anything but all metal any more and dig all strong signals.

Yep, I got two 250's and they both are the same with that......and the PP on the MD works very good ...then I always follow up the the Garrett PP too.....Just took out the F5 yesterday and it is pretty nice as well......These 250's do pretty dang good.....!

I wonder if this is the same if you just use all metal mode in the first place. I rarely use anything but all metal any more and dig all strong signals.

my belief is that running it in "zero" or all metal is more sensitive then any other mode, running the machine thru less filters or using no discrimination gets better depth and also seems more accurate, i've also noticed this on both my garretts

Last edited:
my belief is that running it in "zero" or all metal is more sensitive then any other mode, running the machine thru less filters or using no discrimination gets better depth and also seems more accurate, i've also noticed this on both my garretts

Thats what I keep reading, seeing on videos, and seem to experience often. But I haven't used it long enough to know for sure. Often, I get those eureka moments when I figure out something new or finally understand something another has mentioned though.

Back
Top Bottom