CTX charger help...CTX users look at this pic, other CTX users as lost as me so far

AIRFORCEMIKE

Forum Supporter
So hope you CTX users can look at what I have here and explain how I can get this battery to charge. Keep in mind I might have an equipment issue or im the issue..lol. Note everything you see is what I got excluding the coil cover and the machine not pictured. The charger has the battery pack on it..but the wall charger has a coil plug on other end...neither that will plug into the charger itself. Now I guess I could put the charger in my car and only charge that way but the wall charger has to work somehow..I have all the adapters. The instructions are a bit goofy or am I missing something. Keep in mind in the instructions it dont show you what your suppose to have..no item list. Also watch the video from minelab..the AC adapter they show is simple..looks like mine but as the the end that will plug into the charger.

Thanks,
MIKE

Attachments

• P6150001.jpg
    P6150001.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 531
Well not horrible but look at my universal wall adapter..even after watching the minelab video..its not the same ac adapter...look at that end on mine. In the video it has the same end like the cigarette lighter adapter..makes sense and will work if I only want to charge from my car. But the other adapter for the home is a real treat....just not an option from what im seeing.

So hope you CTX users can look at what I have here and explain how I can get this battery to charge. Keep in mind I might have an equipment issue or im the issue..lol. Note everything you see is what I got excluding the coil cover and the machine not pictured. The charger has the battery pack on it..but the wall charger has a coil plug on other end...neither that will plug into the charger itself. Now I guess I could put the charger in my car and only charge that way but the wall charger has to work somehow..I have all the adapters. The instructions are a bit goofy or am I missing something. Keep in mind in the instructions it dont show you what your suppose to have..no item list.

Thanks,
MIKE

Hey Mike, I hate to say it but I think you MAY be missing a part. My cel phone has a USB cable that plugs into a wall adapter and into the phone to charge it from AC or I can charge it from my computer without the plug adapter (shown on the left side of this pic). I don't own a CTX, send mooncusser a PM with your pic or a couple more and better (more close up) and he may be able to help you. Does your USB cable plug into both your computer AND the charger at the same time? However this may not be a good thing to do to your computer, if even possible.

After posting, I went back and looked at your pic again, kinda hard to tell, BUT is that thing above your USB cable a wall adapter?

Good Luck

Mike

181321_10151818730005635_1977796136_n.jpg

Yes bud thats the adapter for the AC adapter i just dont have it on. That part is fine but look at the end of the AC adapter..WTH is that...I spoke with Jers above he at first told me its fine till he saw that...he dont have that with his standard pack. That ac adapter should have the plug for the charger like the video and just plug into my wall and charge. I have some frankenstein thing going on with my wall adapter. Good thing is if the wife makes me sleep in the car cause I bought this least I can still charge it.

What is inside the plastic bags?

Those are for when your overseas..so the ac adapter can be used to plug into different outlets, thats normal.

cool so when I upgrade to mining for GOLD I can tell them I dont need the ac adapter for my machine I had one for my CTX. Im thinking you might be onto something...thanks!!!

Yep wrong AC plug,but you can use a USB from your computer until they send ya a new one.There is a port on the charging unit itself and is a very fast charge.HH

Look into the 3 small bags and you will find the 2 prong adaptor for our use and it just slides in and locks into the charger. ML provides 3 different ones to suit the area of the world you're in. Hope this helps as I had to fihure it out also.

Trout I have the 2 prong..that is not the issue, I understand the ability to charge while overseas..its the thing I circled in the pic.

Im guessing that piece is for the wrong detector cause as of the moment I have no way of charging this thing unless im in a vehicle. I dont want to have to take another pic of the U.S 2 prong on the charger which I should have but its located in the pic just not attached.

I did not want to look like an idiot but with poor instructions and trying to figure out till 3 am today WHY this will not work is little irritating if not one thing its another. :mad:

Thanks for you reply tho bud..but I think I have a different issue.

Yep wrong AC plug,but you can use a USB from your computer until they send ya a new one.There is a port on the charging unit itself and is a very fast charge.HH

That will work yes if they supplied me a cord with 2 large connections. What ya see is what i got (no its not used either) Im not buying a cord to make that happen. Im really thinking this is not an issue from me..it was packed wrong cause NO way that thing I circled goes anywhere on my machine, charger, side of my neck, tv, car, vacuum..etc.

I hate to say it but you must have gotten the wrong parts. At least you can charge it from the car. Did you get the extra battery pack for AA batteries as well?

Yep Rob..so at least when my wife kicks me to the car for spending that much on a detector that I spent my whole evening trying to figure out weather im an idiot or the box is messed up that now I can truly live out of my car and still detect.

All this for only $2,499.??? How can I get one? You just can't get good, quality items out of Malaysia in today's market!

I apologize for misunderstanding your problem, they did give you the wrong AC charger, this is what mine looks like. sorry for the confusion.

Attachments

• IMG_0936.JPG
    IMG_0936.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 430
Trout thanks bud thats what i needed to see and knew what I needed but i just have the wrong stuff. NO worries NED is sending me a new unit overnight this week..so till then time to read and learn the machine.

Not a huge deal really, in the factory they picked up the wrong charger when they were placing items in the box.
I'm sure it's happened to others as well, being a new unit and all. (that same person on the line could have made that mistake all day)
Airforce mike I am 100% positive what it is.

Not a huge deal really, in the factory they picked up the wrong charger when they were placing items in the box.
I'm sure it's happened to others as well, being a new unit and all. (that same person on the line could have made that mistake all day)
Airforce mike I am 100% positive what it is.

Dan im betting your right..all away one screwed up deal but THank God for NED sending me one over night next week..I swung today with the one I have but even tho im sending it back Im babying it..so not sure what it can do but man i LOVE it so far.

Back
Top Bottom