• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Silver Quarter

SoOregonMd

Elite Member
Hit my first silver quarter ever last night.

Was picking through the trash at a site that has produced 2 Rosevelts and a war nickel in the past. Got a hit a little higher than a Quarter and about 6" deep.
I almost passed it up as it is usually my dreaded nemesis the Corona Cap. but since it was so deep I thought just maybe. Sure enough A 1964d (just made it)

found the remains of a costume jewelry bracelet too but not quite the same feeling as My first Quarter.

So far this is the only part of the Park that has produced Silver Coins so think I am going to concentrate there for a bit.

Attachments

• Quarter Front.jpg
    Quarter Front.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Quarter Back.jpg
    Quarter Back.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 149
Hey, congrats on the quarter! You know, its been a while since I found a silver quarter . . .

Congrats on finding your first silver Washington! I can appreciate your sneaking in under the wire... my first was a 1960.

First? Hopefully they will get old for you after a while. Coingrats!!

new word Coingrats! I think I will copyright that!

Oh I've been at this since 87, and finding a silver quarter never gets old for me.;) Congrats on your first GW. Well done.

Big Congrats!!! on the first silver coin!!!! 41' GW was my first silver and my first silver coin. Just about crapped when I pulled it out. It was in a random spot in the woods by my house. Found it during the eclipse this past summer. Found a couple of Wheaties near it. Needless to say when I get bored I'll head back to that area and give it a look. Been there maybe half/ dozen times since and cant find anything but old head stamps and shell casings....:laughing:

Oh I've been at this since 87, and finding a silver quarter never gets old for me.;) Congrats on your first GW. Well done.

I know I am spoiled. But I have virgin spots that nobody else has or can touch.

I have 3 Barbers, 11 SLQ's and 2 Canadian before 1920 found in the Detroit river still. I sold over 100 Washington's.

So far this year I have 4 Washington's and 1 SLQ. I haven't even seen water here yet.

Gold doesn't much thrill me unless it is heavy or unique.

I stay in this hobby to find unique things and to relax and enjoy life. I have found a lot of things others dream about.

I know I am spoiled. But I have virgin spots that nobody else has or can touch.

I have 3 Barbers, 11 SLQ's and 2 Canadian before 1920 found in the Detroit river still. I sold over 100 Washington's.

So far this year I have 4 Washington's and 1 SLQ. I haven't even seen water here yet.

Gold doesn't much thrill me unless it is heavy or unique.

I stay in this hobby to find unique things and to relax and enjoy life. I have found a lot of things others dream about.

I hear ya scuba. We both have areas no other person has hunted, and for us that's a good thing. I like the fact I can go to my spots and never see another person out there. I do like reading about the finds you, and the other divers on here make. Very cool indeed. The majority of us are into this hobby not to get rich(although that would be nice) but we really love the thrill of the hunt, and get excited when we make a good find. One thing I don't, or won't do is make it a competition. I get just as excited when someone else hunting with me makes a great find. That's why I'm out there, to have a good time. Now if it would just get to the point where I can get out and dig soft ground again. I would be a happy camper.

Back
Top Bottom