• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Strong onshore winds, Daytona FL

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hunted last night in the wet sand for about 30 mins, managed 2 bottle caps :roll: I'm really hoping to find a spot That's not sanded in on my vacation. Gunna give it another go tonight. Heavy winds and high surf I though would erode the beaches some but those bottle caps were DEEP and they were NOT old. Ill be headed to orlando tomorrow until Friday. Will be looking for more coastline to hit down there too. Looks like a tropical storm is brewing in the Gulf too. I was thinking of taking a ride over to myers detectors but may not get around to it. Any advice or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Hunted last night in the wet sand for about 30 mins, managed 2 bottle caps :roll: I'm really hoping to find a spot That's not sanded in on my vacation. Gunna give it another go tonight. Heavy winds and high surf I though would erode the beaches some but those bottle caps were DEEP and they were NOT old. Ill be headed to orlando tomorrow until Friday. Will be looking for more coastline to hit down there too. Looks like a tropical storm is brewing in the Gulf too. I was thinking of taking a ride over to myers detectors but may not get around to it. Any advice or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

I've had a dry spell too. My advice is go to www.indeed.com, find a job that offers relocation, and buy a beach house. =) Problem solved. lol

Recently, I had a wet sand hunt because the surf was too rough. I followed along and noticed there was a sweet spot mid-way, parallel to the wet sand that was producing some greenies even though no erosion was visible. That's when one of the targets produced that nice "mother's ring" I posted last week.

Recently, I had a wet sand hunt because the surf was too rough. I followed along and noticed there was a sweet spot mid-way, parallel to the wet sand that was producing some greenies even though no erosion was visible. That's when one of the targets produced that nice "mother's ring" I posted last week.

I remember the post Felix, great find too, my mother has a similar ring. funny how you get those tiny pockets of goodies sporadically like that. Guess its just trial and error at this point. There doesn't seem to be a consistent hot spot, but its still nice to be on the beach. Ill be headed out shortly, looking pretty rough out there.

You gotta get the coil over it

With all the MDers out there all the low hanging fruit is picked. There are good targets and bad regardless of which side of the coast you're on.

Presently myself , Wichita mike, and Doug from England are here on the gulf coast.

We rolled in yesterday afternoon and hit the tide low. Scored an 18k/plat band
right off. Mike rescued a 22k ladies ring this morning. The rest of the day nadda. Skill and knowledge will win in the end but luck is a factor in this hobby. Go see Phil, but call first he not always in the shop.....

Good luck to you from an old Fitchburg guy....Gil

With all the MDers out there all the low hanging fruit is picked. There are good targets and bad regardless of which side of the coast you're on.

Presently myself , Wichita mike, and Doug from England are here on the gulf coast.

We rolled in yesterday afternoon and hit the tide low. Scored an 18k/plat band
right off. Mike rescued a 22k ladies ring this morning. The rest of the day nadda. Skill and knowledge will win in the end but luck is a factor in this hobby. Go see Phil, but call first he not always in the shop.....

Good luck to you from an old Fitchburg guy....Gil

Thanks for the advice Gil! I grew up in Gardner, so I know that area pretty well. Ill be giving it another go at low tide tonight. Hopefully that tropical system rips some sand out of the gulf side for you guys, good luck on your return trip!
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom