Good Or Bad Idea ??

Great idea..
I just learned the hard way that the amazon card I got from the coinstar machine cannot be used to buy coins on amazon.:laughing::nono::shrug:
Life of a noob.

Amazon coins are WAY overpriced. YOu saved yourself some money... Stick with e-Bay.

At the time we lived between Holly and Fenton Michigan on south Holly road.

I am not sure how far it was between the two towns but we would walk one side ditches filling a paper route bag with bottles. When the bag got full we would find a place to hide the stash, continue on till about noon time. then we would walk the other side of the road back home. Once dad got home we have him take us to our stach point and collect the staches.

Next day we would walk Rose Center road nearly to Rose Center a dieing village and back. once again once dad got home we would go collect our staches.

Davisburg road was always a good road to walk I am not sure why so may bottles many full beer onesl got pitched out there. I think on it today and figure back in the day a really tough cop patrolled that area looking for drunks and drinking drivers.

Some days we would ride our bikes into Holly out to the North Holley road, leave our bikes beside a gas station there and walk that road. Could walk that road back to US 10 or to Fenton. We did both ways same with wat was maple Ave in Holly take it south to US 10 and back.

Today I would worry about my kids walking any of those roads the way pedifiles are and others.

What happened to all the money we made back then? of course dad took a few bucks for the 22 cents a gallon gas he used to cart us from stash to stash. Mom made us put the rest in the Holly Saveings Bank. If we wanted some cleats for little league base ball we boys used our money for that, A new sled, ice skates it was our money bought it.

When I got out of the Army in 1968 I still have money in the Holly saveings bank. I think it had been thru a few name changes too. and I had not lived there since 1959. I finlly closed thr account in 1971 was almost a thousand dollars in there.

Those were my good old days.

:D Al

At the time we lived between Holly and Fenton Michigan on south Holly road.

I am not sure how far it was between the two towns but we would walk one side ditches filling a paper route bag with bottles. When the bag got full we would find a place to hide the stash, continue on till about noon time. then we would walk the other side of the road back home. Once dad got home we have him take us to our stach point and collect the staches.

Next day we would walk Rose Center road nearly to Rose Center a dieing village and back. once again once dad got home we would go collect our staches.

Davisburg road was always a good road to walk I am not sure why so may bottles many full beer onesl got pitched out there. I think on it today and figure back in the day a really tough cop patrolled that area looking for drunks and drinking drivers.

Some days we would ride our bikes into Holly out to the North Holley road, leave our bikes beside a gas station there and walk that road. Could walk that road back to US 10 or to Fenton. We did both ways same with wat was maple Ave in Holly take it south to US 10 and back.

Today I would worry about my kids walking any of those roads the way pedifiles are and others.

What happened to all the money we made back then? of course dad took a few bucks for the 22 cents a gallon gas he used to cart us from stash to stash. Mom made us put the rest in the Holly Saveings Bank. If we wanted some cleats for little league base ball we boys used our money for that, A new sled, ice skates it was our money bought it.

When I got out of the Army in 1968 I still have money in the Holly saveings bank. I think it had been thru a few name changes too. and I had not lived there since 1959. I finlly closed thr account in 1971 was almost a thousand dollars in there.

Those were my good old days.

I really enjoyed reading this post! Of ditches walked, bottles and bicycles...I remember the glass ditch bottles, sometimes a mouse would crawl inside for a free drink, and would not be able to make it out of there on account of the neck taper and slippery glass..then they would be trapped inside and die! Rot and stink to be damned! Nothing quite so memorable than a rotten mouse in a ditch bottle! Simpler times and memory trophies there, as well as an important Life lesson learned....."Theres no such thing as a free drink!"..."Dont Crawl into the bottle"...Loved reading your post! :laughing:

Thank you. Enjoyed reliving those times, some really good memories.
I went to a evening car show in Holly last summer. Walked Main Street trying to remember what store was there in my time. The 5 and dime where i used to go and buy a quarter pound of chocolate covered peanuts, many more were gone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom