USS Arizona 1915 launch medal

Wow! Just Wow!! Honestly, I think this find qualifies as the Eye Popping, Mind Blowing variety! Given the unique, powerful historical events surrounding the Arizona and the exclusivity of the medal, it’s truly a one-of-kind treasure. Seriously, there’s got to be a museum out there that would love to have that loaned to them - I wouldn’t be surprised if the Arizona Memorial itself would be interested in having it on display there.

Wonderful find, Dave1904!

That's really cool. I'm not real sure how you would go about it , or if it's possible , but it said they were issued to official guests , If there is a list of official guest somewhere , you might could maybe pinpoint who it was given to by the area you found it in. But really nice find either way.

A totally awesome find. The Arizona’s final resting place is just a couple miles from me. That medal is a super keeper in my opinion. Congrats on a great find

Wow! Just Wow!! Honestly, I think this find qualifies as the Eye Popping, Mind Blowing variety! Given the unique, powerful historical events surrounding the Arizona and the exclusivity of the medal, it’s truly a one-of-kind treasure. Seriously, there’s got to be a museum out there that would love to have that loaned to them - I wouldn’t be surprised if the Arizona Memorial itself would be interested in having it on display there.

Wonderful find, Dave1904!

Incredible find!! Well done!

Amazing find. Congrats.....:yes:

WOW, what an awesome historical find. Big congratulations!

That's really cool. I'm not real sure how you would go about it , or if it's possible , but it said they were issued to official guests , If there is a list of official guest somewhere , you might could maybe pinpoint who it was given to by the area you found it in. But really nice find either way.

Congratulations on such a interesting and rare find! :clapping:

Lot of history there...excellent dig!

stellar recovery! Congrats!

That is a very unique and interesting find! Congrats!

Very cool find! Nice piece of history!

Wow! That is a spectacular piece of history. Amazing find.

What an amazing piece of history!

Wow, awesome find!

Very cool piece! Congrats!

A totally awesome find. The Arizona’s final resting place is just a couple miles from me. That medal is a super keeper in my opinion. Congrats on a great find

Thanks everyone for the friendly comments and ideas. I hope to find out more about this medal when I get a chance. Would like to know how many were made and who received them..Maybe a trip to the Navy Yard archives if I can get a day off. Certainly is a thrill for me to have uncovered it.
Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love relics especially when you can pin it to specific location/event/american history! In your case, you have all 3, incredible find. That ranks up there with eye popping finds if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom