Where have you found to be most productive area at the beach.

MrBluster

I have not been able to hunt in the wet sand or shallow water at the beach, do to the limitations of my Ace 250. That is going to change this week when I get my new NOX 800.
Where have you had the most success detecting, in the water, waters edge, bottom of a slope, in the wet sand leading to the surf? Or is it a secret?:D

I have not been able to hunt in the wet sand or shallow water at the beach, do to the limitations of my Ace 250. That is going to change this week when I get my new NOX 800.
Where have you had the most success detecting, in the water, waters edge, bottom of a slope, in the wet sand leading to the surf? Or is it a secret?:D

In Lake Michigan Waukegan Beach it is 2-3 feet of water about 6-10 inches down in sand.

Ya come on guys ......... id like to know too...... and for those near me, which is producing the most gold?:lol:

Good pockets can show up anywhere but, as a rule, I've found more gold and silver jewelry low on the slope, following strong surf, at low tide. :yes:

Ya come on guys ......... id like to know too...... and for those near me, which is producing the most gold?:lol:
:laughing:
You just really have to learn the beaches that you hunt and how conditions on them change and are different. When you start becoming a water hunter and frequent one or 2 beaches you'll notice when there's been a change in either a slope, the way the beach scallops, or how the sand bars look. That makes a big difference in how you hunt the beach/water and hopefully the success that you MAY have. Good luck when you get your 'Nox and get out there!

Get the book, beachhopper.
aawise.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Beneath...984889108/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I've scouted out spots to see where people gather most. Usually that helps for fresh drops but in general, I seem to find more stuff knee deep to waist deep water.

It is not often that I find a gold item but I have found gold in the dry sand, at the dry/wet line after some erosion. On the slope and down On the wet sand and in the water out to above waist deep I never know where a piece might be hiding

I am going to tryout the new NOX this weekend. Going to one of the beaches around Jaxsonville. Thanks for your input.

Beach conditions change and your thought process has to change with them. I'll share one. Who wears rings we want to find? Married women. Wedding and engagement rings. What are they doing on the beach? Usually watching and guarding kids. Where is the safest place for kids? Right in front of lifeguards. That's all I got to say.

:laughing:
You just really have to learn the beaches that you hunt and how conditions on them change and are different. When you start becoming a water hunter and frequent one or 2 beaches you'll notice when there's been a change in either a slope, the way the beach scallops, or how the sand bars look. That makes a big difference in how you hunt the beach/water and hopefully the success that you MAY have. Good luck when you get your 'Nox and get out there!
I have to agree with Felix, learn the habits of the beach's you hunt.

Beach conditions change and your thought process has to change with them. I'll share one. Who wears rings we want to find? Married women. Wedding and engagement rings. What are they doing on the beach? Usually watching and guarding kids. Where is the safest place for kids? Right in front of lifeguards. That's all I got to say.

Good point. The ring I found in my avatar was at the waters edge, right where parents play with their kids.

I read that the most items are lost within the first four feet of water depth. Good for lakes, a moving target for the ocean tides. I personally like water a bit deeper than waist deep. That being said, dry sand to mustache depth has given up fabulous finds. Coin lines used to work, but they are very difficult to locate these days, not so back in the 1980-90s.

In salt water........ the seasonal tides can make a difference as to where the high and low tides are and WERE. An active beach with runners and walker tend to run NEAR the water. Stuff also gets pushed in or pulled out from these tides and waves. BUT..... is where you find it. Sometimes recent drops get cleaned up fast say at waist deep and if most of the hunters are running the truff ...... change it up and hit the shallow or wet sand. Might try this site for some good info...... Norm should have written a book.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080202045558/http://thegoldenolde.com/

X2
I read it and it opened my perspective on how I hunt. I may not follow its advice all the time as sometimes when there are other pirates I tend to see what they are doing and then do my own thing. However, I have learned to be patient when the right conditions and targets start to appear.

The part about where the pelicans glide may not work for you? Heck most days i would be hunting on hotel property at the foot of buildings:lol:

Back
Top Bottom