• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Some real, some really fake.

Walrus350

Elite Member
These look so good at night, under a headlight.

Bracelet is marked 14k but looks brass.

I'm hoping the opal is real.

Attachments

• 20180820_022636.jpg
    20180820_022636.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 20180820_021051.jpg
    20180820_021051.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 257
How does the weight of the bracelet feel? I have found 14K that has been tarnished in my areas. Good luck and update once you know. I have yet to ever hunt at night.

Very nice.

I had found an 18k chain that was stained from some nearby metals. I thought it may have been fake because of that. It was real and cleaned up nicely.
Give it a cleaning, it should be good to go.

I don't have a test kit but I figured out a way to test my items two ways. One way is to throw questionable finds in the tumbler for a few hours. If its plated you will find out when it is done. If not you will just need to polish it up. Also I recently dipped a questionable ring in tarnex, it quickly changed color identifying itself as junk.

The 2 on the left are real. Sort of.

One is a 925 earring with fake stones.

The other is a 925 ring with cz or glass. It has been on the beach so long that the silver is pitted and it's misshapen. The opal is pitted a little too. I think it's real.

I was Jooped again with the "gold" None of it was real. The bracelet was marked 14k but acid test eats right through the sample. One of the clasps is magnetic too.

The little charms were all magnetic.

Gold rings were obviously copper and zinc.

The gold eludes me for yet another day.

The amount of fake jewelry out there is alarming. Reminds me why I don't much like hunting popular beaches.

RS1.jpg

I recommend acid testing directly on the bracelet, take a small file and scuff it and then apply a tiny drop of acid right on that spot. If you see green then ya, it's junk, if not it might be 10k which looks alot like that... That's how i test all of mine...

Back
Top Bottom