Arm cuff Question for new Equinox 600..

Silver Bandit

Forum Supporter
Hey guys...

Got my new Equinox 600 in and assembled it. Can already tell I hate the arm cuff. Too flimsy for my big arms.

Can I get some suggestions for replacements that are sturdier? Which ones fit this shaft?

Prefer a brand new one since the machine is brand new. LMK! Thanks!:?:

Shoot, I have big arms and actually like it on my 800. Finally one big enough for my arm to fit in. But give it some time, I bet some folks create a aftermarket one. This detector has been out like 6 days.

Hey guys...

Got my new Equinox 600 in and assembled it. Can already tell I hate the arm cuff. Too flimsy for my big arms.

Can I get some suggestions for replacements that are sturdier? Which ones fit this shaft?

Prefer a brand new one since the machine is brand new. LMK! Thanks!:?:

I don't know. Equinox has hole coming from the bottom, lots of other detectors have the mount holes coming through the sides. So it might call for you to drill a hole in your upper rod. I would wait. Equinox is popular someone will make one maybe you like better. Only detector I have that might work on Equinox is off Rutus alter 71. But it looks about like the one on Equinox.

Thanks! Yeah I figured I might have to wait for an upgrade to be created. I am just so used to the rigid and strong cuff on the AT Pro. Will take some getting used to.

For me my biggest complaint so far is the screen rubs on the top of my hand. Big hands the machine is not friendly to. They should have molded the bottom of the screen area smooth or made the handle bigger with a different swell. I may have to put thin foam tape on the bottom..

For me my biggest complaint so far is the screen rubs on the top of my hand. Big hands the machine is not friendly to. The should have molded the bottom of the screen area smooth or made the handle bigger with a different swell. I may have to put thin foam tape on the bottom..

I get what you are saying. If you need up the handle at bottom, you hand won't get trapped in the little ravine at the bottom. So your hand might go all the way down to rod, give you a tad more room. I just looked at mine again, looks like a good solid 1/4" to be gained if not more.

I have an inkling that Mr. Herke will have an Equinox model of his cuff out, before too awful long... ;)

Steve

Maybe looking for something like this one?

Jeff

Attachments

• DSCN2399.jpg
    DSCN2399.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 547
Back
Top Bottom