12.6 grams of disappointment

georgeinsc

Elite Member
Last Tuesday I found a herringbone necklace that is marked 14K. No matter what I tried I could not get it to clean up and look like gold.

So I visited my friendly jeweler. She looked at it and said it is not gold even though it is marked 14K

Acid testing said there was no gold of any kind included in the necklace.

so all that glitters is not gold.

Attachments

• DSC01088.JPG
    DSC01088.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 482
  • DSC01080.JPG
    DSC01080.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 479
Hey it’s happened to the best of us. It sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey it’s happened to the best of us. It sucks.
More than once too...:roll:

makes me wonder how much that "SHOULD" of weighed?
I would guess by the look of that necklace near 30 grs. That's the one thing that bothered me about my recent gold chain until I saw that the links were hollow.

Last Tuesday I found a herringbone necklace that is marked 14K. No matter what I tried I could not get it to clean up and look like gold.

So I visited my friendly jeweler. She looked at it and said it is not gold even though it is marked 14K

Acid testing said there was no gold of any kind included in the necklace.

so all that glitters is not gold.

"You got jooped" :laughing:

R5

"You got jooped" :laughing:

R5

:laughing::laughing: Mega Joop! Yeah! A part of the game unfortunately ...fakers stamped 14k...I do like Zemang does...I squirt a shot of acid straight on the piece to see...I dont like to bother my jeweler, I know they are busy popping out heritage diamonds and resetting glass replica stones....:laughing:

You think he got jooped (are we talking about a dope smoking monkey here)...... what about the guy that bought it..... oh and then lost it.:laughing:

I have dug a few targets market with karats that weren't close to being gold and 925 marked chains and rings that wished they were silver.
Just part if the game we play.
I always feel sorry for the original owner when I dig something like these because they got ripped off...although they might not have ever known it.

You think he got jooped (are we talking about a dope smoking monkey here)...... what about the guy that bought it..... oh and then lost it.:laughing:

:laughing: oh... oh... He's a double jooper! :laughing:

R5

Back
Top Bottom