are some posts on other members threads deleted if worded too strongly?

Yep... It's the Friendly forum, someone doesn't like what you wrote, reports it, it's gone. Sometimes, if you are a really bad boy, you get a personalized note, explaining why, usually because you crossed in taboo topics, like politics, religion, abnormal genealogy...

abnormal genealogy...

:laughing:

Also, is it just me or does there seem to be an increase of pontificating by a handful of people? May I suggest to the Moderators we create a new designation above "Elite Member" called "Elitist Member"? That way, Newbies (and we lowly Serfs) can differentiate between a meaningful instruction and a dissertation without getting a headache from face palming.

Yep... It's the Friendly forum, someone doesn't like what you wrote, reports it, it's gone. Sometimes, if you are a really bad boy, you get a personalized note, explaining why, usually because you crossed in taboo topics, like politics, religion, abnormal genealogy...

well i for one think its petty and ridiculous that the mods, carol, vlad, or whoever decided that what i had written is removeable. yeah there are children that read these posts, but anyone with any sense at all knows that kids hear(and a lot of them say) WAY worse than what was written.

childish . best way to describe it.

well i for one think its petty and ridiculous that the mods, carol, vlad, or whoever decided that what i had written is removeable. yeah there are children that read these posts, but anyone with any sense at all knows that kids hear(and a lot of them say) WAY worse than what was written.

childish . best way to describe it.

I agree.

I find it petty and childish that any forum mods (of any forum) remove threads without sending a message to the poster saying that it was removed and why. How can a person be expected to not repeated the offense if they had no idea they committed it in the first places. There have also been times where mods have removed posts because of personal reasons, and again no message it was done.

I find it petty and childish that any forum mods (of any forum) remove threads without sending a message to the poster saying that it was removed and why. How can a person be expected to not repeated the offense if they had no idea they committed it in the first places. There have also been times where mods have removed posts because of personal reasons, and again no message it was done.

good point. i was wondering why i didnt recieve any notice . but i'm not surprised.

Some of the 'problem children' got it good with forum 'management'...so their constant 'permission threads' and other B.S. is allowed...Both sides know who they are...and most of us members ain't dumb either...and are aware of the favoritism. At the risk of longer time members leaving the forum because we're sick of these tools and their constant drama...management will continue to not give them the boot. I, for one...am about to resign my commission as the Captain if certain troublemakers are not reigned in.

Here in Panama I have seen a number of forums go down the drink because of the bickering going back and forth. It only takes time and then, all the good stuff is gone and then there is nothing left but the craaaap. So is this the beginning of the end of the Friendly Forum ??? slider........Panama Central America.

i had a couple comments on a thread in the permission section, and now the comment is nowhere to be found. what gives?

Next time try posting without using colorful metaphors and it won't be deleted..

and btw the post was reported and we took action.

There are four people that constantly bicker back and forth and if any of you seen any of my posts on those permission thread (that werent deleted) I try to make it painfully obvious that they are acting like children and theyre just flooding the forum with B.S.. And funny thing is one of those four were the first to post on this thread.. If theyre gunna debate leave it on one friggin thread and keep it there enough with the repetitive threads that all say the same thing. And its obvious one of them is just trolling cause they keep flip floping what they say to keep it going. but the mods feel its okay to continue I guess Do I have to post the beating the dead horse gif again?? The wonky moderating on here is suspect just saying

There is four people that constantly bicker back and forth and if any of you seen any of my posts on those permission thread (that werent deleted) I try to make it painfully obvious that they are acting like children and theyre just flooding the forum with B.S.. And funny thing is one of those four were the first to post on this thread.. If theyre gunna debate leave it on one friggin thread and keep it there enough with the repetitive threads that all say the same thing. And its obvious one of them is just trolling cause they keep flip floping what they say to keep it going. but the mods feel its okay to continue I guess Do I have to post the beating the dead horse gif again?? The wonky moderating on here is suspect just saying

Wonky moderating? That is a good one :laughing:

If members don't like reading certain posters then add them to your ignore list and they vanish.... we can't do that even though we would love to :roll:

There are four people that constantly bicker back and forth and if any of you seen any of my posts on those permission thread (that werent deleted) I try to make it painfully obvious that they are acting like children and theyre just flooding the forum with B.S.. And funny thing is one of those four were the first to post on this thread.. If theyre gunna debate leave it on one friggin thread and keep it there enough with the repetitive threads that all say the same thing. And its obvious one of them is just trolling cause they keep flip floping what they say to keep it going. but the mods feel its okay to continue I guess Do I have to post the beating the dead horse gif again?? The wonky moderating on here is suspect just saying

Thanks for the honorable mention... I'd like to see that mess end as well. It is childish and irresponsible. My involvement is to add some balance, little reality.

I've plenty of my posts deleted, many needed no explanation, crossed the line. Occasionally, I get a PM, with a stern warning.

Thanks for the honorable mention... I'd like to see that mess end as well. It is childish and irresponsible. My involvement is to add some balance, little reality.

I've plenty of my posts deleted, many needed no explanation, crossed the line. Occasionally, I get a PM, with a stern warning.

Ive noticed you "tried" to bring reality to that discussion but do you really think creating scenarios for MONTHS and and debating about them is reality?? I guess I have the answer already

Back
Top Bottom