• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Detector Pro...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
I'm taking a serious look at this product right now...

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/detector_pro/pulse_metal_detector_buy.htm

There are several things I like about this design, especially the radical electronic relocation. After owning a Whites V3i and finding out that I only care to hunt shallow jewelry and I need to dig everything to get the gold anyway this type of detector has my attention for a spring purchase.

I plan to work a new beach every 3 months around the world soon as I retire in 2012 and I like this 3.5 pound machine that can get a little wet without attracting too much attention on the plane or being too costly to replace if stolen or confiscated and yet not letting me down on capability.

You PI guys and girls have a look and tell me what you think about Detector Pro's design if you get a chance... thanks

imagesCAMOUON2-2.jpg

Its a very good detector and its very deep with a pulse delay of 15uS, I started waterhunting with one before buying a different brand because I preferred a better PPing machine... the only real drawback is it eats batteries pretty fast about every 6 or 7 hours...

Craig is right on both counts. It goes very deep and it eats a pair of 9V batteries every day of use. Unfortunately, it's up to you to tally how many hours of use the batteries have, as there is no indicator of battery capacity left... just a gradual loss of depth.

the only real drawback is it eats batteries pretty fast about every 6 or 7 hours...

I saw this too, yet the two 9volts are included in the 3.5 lb overall weight. It is strange they let it die like a low end Garrett... just fade to black without any notificaton. Yep, sounds like 10 bucks a day to operate this machine.

I'm a huge Garrett fan for saltwater machines but the Detector Pro with the electronics in the headset intrigues me because of the light weight. Two 9v in a day isn't the end of the world, at least it's the least likely machine to suffer leaky alkaline batts, you'll remove them because they are dead anyway instead of leaving them in the machine after getting home and being too tired to take the batts out.

The 8 inch coil pinpoints very well compared to the larger coil. The larger coil is covers more ground and is very deep. I liked the smaller coil myself.

I never liked the stock S shaft. I'm one of those people that can't stand a wobble. The stock cuff I swapped out for a Sovereign GT cuff. But the detector breaks down to a small package, and it is a serious contendor on the beach.

The 8 inch coil pinpoints very well compared to the larger coil. The larger coil is covers more ground and is very deep. I liked the smaller coil myself.

Good points, I will look at the 8" coil and straight shaft. I hope the smaller coil is white as well so it can be seen in cloudy water. The break down looks nice and compact and a two year warranty seems reasonable for the price.

I will still be swinging in local soccer fields and tot lots with this machine from time to time. It will be interesting to try and discriminate iron, nails, bobby pins etc. but I always pulled tabs in these locations anyway... so we will see if I don't back it up with another land machine before summers end.

and you can get a V4 pinpointer for only 59.50 with your purchase :lol:

Like PI Joe says REAL DEEP I love mine , it really get's down there.:cool:
I avg, 6 to 8 hrs running flat out & thats with digging lots of targets. I always carry two extra sets of batteries with be, just in case

Attachments

• 100_1414.jpg
    100_1414.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 454
  • 100_1416.jpg
    100_1416.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 445
  • 100_1413.jpg
    100_1413.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 448
Deep it is wow. It had me getting a work out. No need for the gym for me with this deep seeker

I knew someone here would have this equipment checked out... thanks all

You are scaring me just a little with depth reports :shock: surely you can turn down the sensitivity and not dig craters. "Shallow and fast" is what kept me interested in the hobby as a land pirate.

Without any depth indication or display the 'Detector-Pro' would certainly make things different for me this year. It was V3i's lowest settings and lots of ground covered that brought me gold in the Chicago-land parks last year and thats when I understood I'd purchased more machine than I would ever crank up for my style of hunt.

This year its all ears and old school
seven-2.jpg
We shall see how I like that

It looks like you painted that coil white :lol: Thanks for the pics... thats the straight rig I want

and you can get a V4 pinpointer for only 59.50 with your purchase :lol:

I think the Pro-Pointer with tape over the speaker in a sandwhich bag might be the ticket... I never got used to the on/off of the Vibra-Probe. Nothing beats the little Garrett if I have to bend over :yes:

With what you just said and the comment about hunting around the world im not certain id limit where i could use my machine. If you like to dig shallow, move quickly, and are only after recent drops im surprised you are looking at a PI. You also didnt mention if you were water hunting... didnt sound like you were. Remember there is a 50 to 1 ratio of trash on the beach to about a 5 to 1 in the water. Thats a lot of bobbie pins and bottle caps. But the concept of that machine is great. Were you just going for light weight and the ability to travel with easier?

Dew

You also didnt mention if you were water hunting. Remember there is a 50 to 1 ratio of trash on the beach to about a 5 to 1 in the water. Were you just going for light weight and the ability to travel with easier?

Dew

Yes, in the water with my LH scoop and yes I would like the lightest electronics available without flimsy construction. Digging everything shallow doesnt bother me and just plays up the percentage of ring a day which I have found to be quite possible in local parks if you get out there with a passion.

Everything should be smaller, if they really wanted they could make these electronics the size of your iphone and totally wireless with no knobs, We just aren't there yet in our industry not because they can't, because they just won't move on.

Back
Top Bottom