Birdhouse I made last weekend

SoOregonMd

Elite Member
I made this birdhouse last weekend and have to say I love the way it came out!!

used a bronze metallic paint on the body to give it an Industrial look.

first day a couple swallows visited it .. so .. It Works!

Attachments

• Birdhouse.jpg
    Birdhouse.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 578
Now THAT is really neat looking !!!! :thumbsup:

.....kinda looks like a Dr. Seuss type bird house :lol:

The "Cat in the Hat" would appreciate that,
right size for a bird, too small for a bat,
I'd say you got your technique down pat ! :lol:

Very cool, now make one with a little bigger door so I can move in when my wife gets mad at me. :lol:

Good Lord what a nightmare! I guess it figures though, West Coast birds and all....more distinguishing and high brow....had to be California Capistrano swallows or at least the San Luis Obispo relatives that would even be attracted to that gaudy mess! :laughing:

Here in the Midwest, our nesting birds are lucky to get an empty milk carton made into a birdhouse by a kindergarten kid! You should pop that house up on Zillow! I bet you could get $500k for it from some sort of human SanFrancisco transplant! :laughing: Heck, I'd live in that! Especially if it came with maid service like you stated!

I do like your porch! Weathered cedar shakes and a decent overhang..the pea green paint has a nice hobbitty touch too! I bet you could turn a wood hauling trailer into one helluva Gypsy wagon! Excelsior!

Good Lord what a nightmare! I guess it figures though, West Coast birds and all....more distinguishing and high brow....had to be California Capistrano swallows or at least the San Luis Obispo relatives that would even be attracted to that gaudy mess! :laughing:

Here in the Midwest, our nesting birds are lucky to get an empty milk carton made into a birdhouse by a kindergarten kid! You should pop that house up on Zillow! I bet you could get $500k for it from some sort of human SanFrancisco transplant! :laughing: Heck, I'd live in that! Especially if it came with maid service like you stated!

I do like your porch! Weathered cedar shakes and a decent overhang..the pea green paint has a nice hobbitty touch too! I bet you could turn a wood hauling trailer into one helluva Gypsy wagon! Excelsior!

:laughing::laughing:
I lived in San Juan Capistrano for about 12 years, I think the lil buggers followed me to Oregon.. In SJC you are NOT allowed to mess with Swallows nest regardless of how messy the little critters are.. Not sure about here.

The place where it is mounted is actually a little out building

Now THAT is really neat looking !!!! :thumbsup:

.....kinda looks like a Dr. Seuss type bird house :lol:

The "Cat in the Hat" would appreciate that,
right size for a bird, too small for a bat,
I'd say you got your technique down pat ! :lol:

/the swallows here headed south around Labor Day.
here in the Midwest our swallows still make their nest from mud, and twigs.

Back
Top Bottom