• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett Pro-point AT only works on the sides....

Nubster

Dig the hole and start using my pinpointer and it does not want to give a signal at the tip. Only on the side of the shaft. Falsing like crazy too. It's practically new and has a brand new battery. I turn it on with the tip touching the dirt at the edge of the hole. Ideas?

Try a different brand battery. Some batteries dont work well with the carrot. If that doesn't work, Garrett has some of the best customer service in the biz, they will take care of you!

It's an Energizer Max. It came with a Duracell but it was acting like this with that battery too so I thought maybe the battery was low so I replaced it with a new one but still acting up. Maybe I'll get and try a new Duracell since that's what it came with and see if that helps. If not, guess I'll contact Garrett.

I use rayovac in mine no problem. I don’t hold it to the ground when I turn it on though, I always hold it in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duracell has worked just fine in my carrots, it's the never ready (everready) that has given me issues in the past. Sounds like it could be defective, but Garrett will replace it, if that's the case. Keep us updated!

Mine was a month out of warranty, put it under water for the first time and it killed it. They sent me a new 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By touching the ground with the tip of the pointer you are cutting sensitivity to the tip. Just turn it on away from anything and you should have no problem. If the problem continues contact Garrett. Get an RMA and send it to them. They definitely will take care of you.

By touching the ground with the tip of the pointer you are cutting sensitivity to the tip. Just turn it on away from anything and you should have no problem. If the problem continues contact Garrett. Get an RMA and send it to them. They definitely will take care of you.

I kinda discovered that and it's been working better. I don't know why nearly every single video you watch...they touch it to the ground when they turn it on. Even on the Garrett instructional video they show you to do that. But turning it on away from the ground seems to be working better for me at least.

There are times when you might want to detune the pin pointer by touching the ground when you turn it on. It cuts the area that is being detected and makes it easier to find the target

Back
Top Bottom