Delirious!! Very first Walking Liberty and guess which one it is!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
You want to know about hunting for jewelry...I could write a book.
Looking for old coins...not so much.

This year I am attempting to change that.

In one of the most difficult home sites I have ever hunted with more iron than you can believe, huge, large, small, tiny, and nails galore plus a ton of other garbage you get around knocked down homes I managed to find a Merc the other day.
Today I went back with the F70 and sniper coil and a totally new theory on settings I am trying and used what I have learned so far and within the first 15 minutes I managed to find this.
I am floored, and I finally am starting to consider myself almost a real detectorist like you coin guys that find that great silver all the time.

Captain Silver...this one is dedicated to you because it was that sniper coil that helped me find it.
I still owe you...now I owe you more!

Attachments

• half.jpg
    half.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,277
Wooo! In the mix like a blender!

It's funny you mentioned "feeling like a coinshooter" I came in to Josh about you taking a break from jewelry it seems. Good save, grest first on that walker.

Digger, you always seem willing to work harder than most of us to get to the good stuff. Congratulations on snagging a great coin! Can you show us a photo of your F70 with the sniper coil?

You are the f70 master!:yes:

:lol:

Thanks, but hardly!
At the 8 month mark I believe I am barely scratching the surface of what this thing can do.
I also believe that thanks to the advice and posts of other owners I am further along at this point than I know I would be just forging a path on my own.
I experimented a ton at the beginning, eventually settled in on a few settings I like and didn't mess around so much when I got comfortable with them, but I can't stop myself from just playing the "what if" game on the settings on some targets out in the field when I get the itch..and I still seem to itch a lot.
I am always trying to learn new things, better and more efficient settings and easier ways of doing this crazy digging in the dirt hobby we all love.
That will never end, and the shear amount of settings possible on the F70 keeps the boredom down and the interest up at a high level and I sure am curious about what each and every setting combination can and will do.
I probably don't have all that much time left on this planet to do that, but I am trying.

This problem site caused me to really think outside the box, crazy thinking that would force most other hunters to measure me for a straight jacket if they saw what was actually going on at this site and the way I attacked it this time after not having all that much success in the past.
But a Merc and a Walker later maybe this way wasn't so crazy after all.

This was a private property site that is now inside the boundaries of a public park and has been for at least a few year so who knows how many have hunted here in the past.
I know at least 3 md club members hunted at this site with these ultra extreme, severe and unusual conditions before, once, 2 of them are very proficient, experienced and successful hunters with long and great track records and at least one of them was using a top end Minelab and did find another silver dime in this same area I found both these silver coins.
To use a Fisher with this new crazy settings theory I came up with and hunt the same area after these pros and and find these coins makes this experience twice as sweet.

As far as I am concerned regarding the learning curve of the F70 I am just a babe, but that is the great thing about the Fishers...
You always have room to move and improve and you will usually find great things all along the way on that journey.

Digger, you always seem willing to work harder than most of us to get to the good stuff. Congratulations on snagging a great coin! Can you show us a photo of your F70 with the sniper coil?

Work harder?
Nahh, there are some really busy bees hanging around the forum.
I am probably a little more stubborn than most, I will admit.

Here is my baby, and here is a closeup of the coil.
Crazy Captain Silver used it on his F75 on the rocks and I guess in the surf of a not so sandy beach.
It looks like he took it to war and he was on the losing side.
But a gallon of JB Weld later and it is all waterproofed again and ready for action.
I am actually surprised there is no duct tape, on this thing.
Still works great, and since he sold his F75 and this coil won't fit his Omega that nut job decided to send it to me as a welcoming gift when I got my F70.
This is not the only coil I got from him, either.
I have been the recipient of other gifts and offers of gifts from a few other fantastic members, too.
What other hobbies have the kind of people that this one seems to attract, I wonder?

When I say I owe him I meant it, no good deed should ever go unpunished, I say.
With this find, which might not have been possible without this small coil in the kind of site where it was found, now I have some thinking and tumbling and sending to do.

Attachments

• P1050258.jpg
    P1050258.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,009
  • P1050259.jpg
    P1050259.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 988
Back
Top Bottom