Before I pull trigger on ATPro....

86LXJunker

I have spent my entire weekend researching MD and I convinced myself that the ATPro was the way to go...but now again - I am second guessing myself.

I have read as many reviews that I could on this site, but then I read the reviews on metaldetectorreviews.net and it has received some negitive reivews.

So now I am in a quandry again....do I spring for the ATPro or do I just go with the F2 or the Ace250 ?

If you own an ATPro and have any feedback - positive or negative - could you please share ??

Thanks in advance as I plan on making my purchase in the next few days.

Call Bart at BigBoys hobbys He can answer all the questions you have about the Atpro and a good price.:)

I am very close to pulling the trigger on an AT PRO as well. However I have read on this, as well as some other forums, that there was a problem with a wiring issue and a "wobbley shaft". Have these issues been addressed completely, or are there still a number of "infected" machines out there on shelves? I'd hate to have to send a new machine back. Thanks & HH!

Anyone considering the AT Pro can ask their dealer to assemble and check their detector for the falsing issue if they are worried about it. I believe Garrett has pulled most of the defective units from the dealers and distributors stock so all new units should be okay but it never hurts to ask when inquiring to your dealer about it.

As far as the wobbly shaft is concerned Garrett doesn't use cam locks but rather just the push button spring loaded buttons so there is a tiny bit of wobble or play in the shafts depending on what length you extend the shaft out. After market cam shaft locks can be purchased if it's an issue. The arm rest cuff is also a bit short for some, again there are options some it doesn't bother others are purchasing or making their own extensions for the arm cuff. If you google search anything to do with the AT Pro as far as wobbly shaft fix/cam lock or At Pro arm cuff extension/fix you will find plenty of info. The detector is a keeper IMO good depth, waterproof up to ten foot, standard and pro modes and the iron audio are all nice features and worth the mid price range paid for it. The aesthetics of the detector could be a little better but all in all a good detector in it's price range class.

I would add it has a lot of audio going on if that's what you like, if you prefer a single tone machine then the AT Pro will drive you batty, especially in Iron laden places. A good video below, "done by DirtFishing" of the use and results of using the AT Pro in an iron infested site. Notice how he picked the Buffalo out from in between two rusty Iron nails at about the 1:40 mark of the video.

Whoo hoo - thanks for all the info guys - I just got off the phone with Andrew from NED and I made my decision and purchase......

ATPro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Lesche Digging Tool

Now I am all hooked up and ready to hit the dirt !!!

Cant wait for the weekend !!!

Anyone considering the AT Pro can ask their dealer to assemble and check their detector for the falsing issue if they are worried about it. I believe Garrett has pulled most of the defective units from the dealers and distributors stock so all new units should be okay but it never hurts to ask when inquiring to your dealer about it.

As far as the wobbly shaft is concerned Garrett doesn't use cam locks but rather just the push button spring loaded buttons so there is a tiny bit of wobble or play in the shafts depending on what length you extend the shaft out. After market cam shaft locks can be purchased if it's an issue. The arm rest cuff is also a bit short for some, again there are options some it doesn't bother others are purchasing or making their own extensions for the arm cuff. If you google search anything to do with the AT Pro as far as wobbly shaft fix/cam lock or At Pro arm cuff extension/fix you will find plenty of info. The detector is a keeper IMO good depth, waterproof up to ten foot, standard and pro modes and the iron audio are all nice features and worth the mid price range paid for it. The aesthetics of the detector could be a little better but all in all a good detector in it's price range class.

I would add it has a lot of audio going on if that's what you like, if you prefer a single tone machine then the AT Pro will drive you batty, especially in Iron laden places. A good video below, "done by DirtFishing" of the use and results of using the AT Pro in an iron infested site. Notice how he picked the Buffalo out from in between two rusty Iron nails at about the 1:40 mark of the video.

I liked your video, the two nails and you come out with a buffalo. I have to tell you I would smash that metal detecter against a tree. I dont think I would even resell it, I dont think I could do that to anyone.

No way could I hunt with all those beeps and bangs and false targets inbetween good targets. That thing I would smash it against a tree. Maybe I am just spoiled using a whites DFX or better but no way could I enjoy metal detecting hearing all that.

Thanks for the Video and it was fun watching but I could picture myself in your shoes, your far more patient and tolerant than me thats for sure...

I liked your video, the two nails and you come out with a buffalo. I have to tell you I would smash that metal detecter against a tree. I dont think I would even resell it, I dont think I could do that to anyone.

No way could I hunt with all those beeps and bangs and false targets inbetween good targets. That thing I would smash it against a tree. Maybe I am just spoiled using a whites DFX or better but no way could I enjoy metal detecting hearing all that.

Thanks for the Video and it was fun watching but I could picture myself in your shoes, your far more patient and tolerant than me thats for sure...

It's not my video, it's DirtFishings video and that Iron Audio feature can be turned off, you don't have to run with it on he was running with it on to show for demonstration purposes in his video all the iron in that was in the area he was hunting. I use the iron audio to try and distinguish if my good signal may be an iron false or not on an iffy signal by turning it on and back off. In other words most, that I know anyway don't run with the iron audio on but rather use it as a tool to help distinguish iffy targets from iron falses.

It's not my video, it's DirtFishings video and that Iron Audio feature can be turned off, you don't have to run with it on he was running with it on to show for demonstration purposes in his video all the iron in that was in the area he was hunting. I use the iron audio to try and distinguish if my good signal may be an iron false or not on an iffy signal by turning it on and back off. In other words most, that I know anyway don't run with the iron audio on but rather use it as a tool to help distinguish iffy targets from iron falses.

Sorry I dont know whos video but why would anyone even want an option like that, turn it off :roll: As I said he is a better man than me I couldnt hunt with that nor would I even try...

If it works for you however go with it. WHen I got my XLT I felt I made a great choice however the 50 people at my detecting club told me what a mistake I made I didnt like that very much so please I've been there. Best of luck with it, looking forward to seeing your finds. Hey if he can pull a nickle out of that mess I'm sure he or anyone will go great, I just wouldnt...

Back
Top Bottom