South Beach Easter Egg Hunt Today!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
OK, so it wasn’t an Easter egg hunt but it sure felt like it going after my goal of 100 coins in 3 hours. It was an opportunity to get out and get one more hunt in before having to go back to work now that Spring Break has ended for me. :( Surf conditions have been horrible for the past week so getting out in the water was not in the cards. Got to the beach just before sunrise and saw the surf was too rough to get out just as predicted. Twenty minutes into the hunt the small band came, and another ring 30 minutes after that. I was hoping for at least one of them to be gold but they were not. The golden earring towards the end of the hunt was not gold but at least it’s marked 925. :roll: Three strikes on the potential targets, so I was out on the gold but not on a fun 3 hours killing the clad and getting 148 coins and almost $10. :good:

Happy Easter to all you guys! :wave:

Attachments

• 4-16-17 Sunrise.jpg
    4-16-17 Sunrise.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 373
  • 4-16-17 Segulls.jpg
    4-16-17 Segulls.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 375
  • 4-16-17.jpg
    4-16-17.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 378
  • 4-16-17 Foreign (1).jpg
    4-16-17 Foreign (1).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 376
  • 4-16-17 Foreign (2).jpg
    4-16-17 Foreign (2).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 369
Wow, your clad finding skills are off the charts! You'd be rolling in yen over here with that find rate. Seriously, I don't know how y'all keep going when so many of your finds are pennies.

I hit a really popular tourist beach for easter. The tide was pretty low but it was weirdly clean (to the 'eyes' of my TK4, which doesn't see very deep over wet sand). For the first time I found more coins than trash (16 coins 13 trash items in 3 hours-- slim pickins). My total clad value was $15.50. From what I can see, if I had been in america-land my total would have been about 20cents.

These 500yen ($5) coins and 100yen ($1) coins that like to escape peoples pockets are a large part of why I keep going out there day after day. I'm seriously impressed that y'all persevere when pennies seem to be the number one find over there! (yes Japan has 1yen coins and I find them occasionally-- they're flimsy little chips of aluminum that either get torn up by the sand and rocks or washed way up the beach). Much respect!

Lotta Targets!! WOW!! I bet that double zipper sure sounded good!

Wow, your clad finding skills are off the charts! You'd be rolling in yen over here with that find rate. Seriously, I don't know how y'all keep going when so many of your finds are pennies.

I hit a really popular tourist beach for easter. The tide was pretty low but it was weirdly clean (to the 'eyes' of my TK4, which doesn't see very deep over wet sand). For the first time I found more coins than trash (16 coins 13 trash items in 3 hours-- slim pickins). My total clad value was $15.50. From what I can see, if I had been in america-land my total would have been about 20cents.

These 500yen ($5) coins and 100yen ($1) coins that like to escape peoples pockets are a large part of why I keep going out there day after day. I'm seriously impressed that y'all persevere when pennies seem to be the number one find over there! (yes Japan has 1yen coins and I find them occasionally-- they're flimsy little chips of aluminum that either get torn up by the sand and rocks or washed way up the beach). Much respect!

I have been advocating for years to get rid of paper dollar bills and go full bore on dollar coins. There are foreign countries that use our dollar coins more than we do.

Clean sweep?

Yep! Even though its heavy I love the coverage on that coil.

I have been advocating for years to get rid of paper dollar bills and go full bore on dollar coins. There are foreign countries that use our dollar coins more than we do.

So true! Totally agree!

Funny story-- after being in Japan for quite a few years I was visiting a friend and flew into Seattle. For some reason I had to make change for a $20 in order to ride some manner of airport transport. My change came back in dollar coins! I was ecstatic! Wow! America's come around to using the dollar coin- finally! ...Yeah, I was totally wrong. :no:

Dang Felix, you're right....you got the clad'est area in town!

I usually see 4-5 other folks swinging in my area, but I can only imagine how many people you compete with. Truly impressive that you score that much stuff!

Dang Felix, you're right....you got the clad'est area in town!

I usually see 4-5 other folks swinging in my area, but I can only imagine how many people you compete with. Truly impressive that you score that much stuff!

They can't compete with this baby! Plus I see of a few of the dry sanders "swinging the U's" instead of keeping the coil evenly across the bottom. :roll:

Attachments

• csc3.jpg
    csc3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 133
Back
Top Bottom