Imaging Metal Detector

Do you realize the list price is $7800 dollars? but its on sale now for a low price of $6800 :roll: Have fun with it George :yes:

I hope everybody in my hunting areas gets one! :D
Between poking at their phones and playing with their machine screen my competition will be about zero. :laughing:

Many great inventions/ideas go through three phases: ridicule, discussion and adoption. Looks like we're at the first stage. :D I wouldn't be surprised if someday, all serious treasure hunters will have detectors with imaging capabilities. :yes:

Many great inventions/ideas go through three phases: ridicule, discussion and adoption. Looks like we're at the first stage. :D I wouldn't be surprised if someday, all serious treasure hunters will have detectors with imaging capabilities. :yes:

No way.. its too expensive and these things are made for finding bigger targets not small diamond rings... stay in the here and now George... :D

I think they were some earlier version of this technology on that "Curse of Oak Island" show at some point. I forget when (I just watched an episode or two in passing when they said they were bringing in "metal detecting experts") but they definitely brought in 'advanced german tech' that did imaging, among other things. If you're familiar with the show, then you already know-- it was futile. :lol:

I was being totally serious, I want people using these things.
The more complex and time consuming the better.

I was being totally serious, I want people using these things. The more complex and time consuming the better.

I'm sure I'll ruffle some feathers but I like seeing the guys with the CTX's on the beach spending lots of time reading their screens.

I'm sure I'll ruffle some feathers but I like seeing the guys with the CTX's on the beach spending lots of time reading their screens.

Shhhhh! . :dingding:
The metal detector is between your ears, Surfhopper. The electronic thingy just tells you where to scoop. . aawise.jpg

OUCH!:lol: I will say you can accept all the whole gold spectrum and not look down at all. Its also a lot easier to figure out what it is than an explorer screen.:lol:

I don't care what detector a guy is swinging... I will follow anyone.. even you Felix :laughing:

I have lots of batteries.

I keep three detectors with me for any hunt. My buddies only call and invite when they are having trouble with the dirt lol......I am a firm believer in spending what you can within your means to detect. I wish the next guy all the luck. I am happy when folks find stuff. I could use a good PI detector, but not sure what for yet. If it works, then maybe that is the new standard. Im waiting for Irons to buy it and tell us how it works. You know he is fibbing about us all getting one.

I don't care what detector a guy is swinging... I will follow anyone.. even you Felix :laughing:

If I'm even picking up the pennies you reject I'm sure you'll be lucky to get crumbs! :p

Felix, One of the reasons I sold my CTX and the fact it would be a killer repair bill if she leaked.

Really, a good hunter has no problem matching these results if he knows his machine and probably faster interpretation.

Just ran across this detector from Germany. Anyone familiar with it? Very pricey but a detector with imaging capability could very well be worth its weight in gold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2YKqfYqjys

Watching that last part of the video, I just laughed. The granularity of the object isn't NEARLY good enough to identify a ring from a pulltab.

No thanks. I don't need visual representations to tell me what my ears already know. Dig it up and visually inspect it. Yep.

Skippy

YES.... For dry sand hunting, give me a fast sweep and a scoop.

The folks that are running slow and watching screens for everything make about 15% the progress I have... Meanwhile, I've picked up the gold bangle in front of them. LOL

But the CTX in the water. Heck, you have to go slow anyway...

Cash in some gold & get one, we will be looking for your new detector find's post's, good luck Earl

Thanks Earl, I am more interested in the technology than in this particular detector. Now, if this machine was made by White's, Minelab or Fisher that might be different.
I've lost a significant amount of hearing during the past year and down the road I may need a little more help be it visual, vibration or from one of the other senses. :lol: Will it slow me down? No doubt- but I am slowing down already and I'm all in for anything that might allow me to continue in this great hobby of ours. :yes:

I agree with staying in the "here and now". I'm sure at some point imaging will be a useable reality for the average detectorst, but that technology is in the infant stages and I wouldn't suggest playing the guinea pig.

Back
Top Bottom