Spare battery tray for AT Pro?

Swampweasel

Anybody know of an online dealer that sells spare battery trays/holders for the Garrett AT Pro? I would like to carry a spare battery pack fully loaded and ready to go while in the field.
Thanks,
Joe

Just call Garrett and they will send you one.

One day out on a hunt my headphone cord got wrapped around the body of the machine. Somehow when I went to unwrap it, the cable caught on the corner of the battery door. The door spun open and the battery holder came flying out.It landed in grass but still broke. I was able to assemble it back together just enough so I could make it work and finish my hunt.

Next day I called Garrett, told them what had happened and was shipped a new battery holder plus an extra one.

I found mine on ebay. :roll:

You have to be careful, I also bought a couple off eBay and later found a post about a guy having problems with his AT Pro. Another member chimed in a informed him that the aftermarket ones were just a little shorter and intermittently lost contact.
I pulled out my stock battery tray and compared it to the spares I had bought and sure enough they were about 1/16th of and inch shorter. I plan on just gluing a small piece of 1/16" thick rubber on the end but wanted to pass this along.

You have to be careful, I also bought a couple off eBay and later found a post about a guy having problems with his AT Pro. Another member chimed in a informed him that the aftermarket ones were just a little shorter and intermittently lost contact.
I pulled out my stock battery tray and compared it to the spares I had bought and sure enough they were about 1/16th of and inch shorter. I plan on just gluing a small piece of 1/16" thick rubber on the end but wanted to pass this along.

Thanks for the information.

That is a great idea weasel. I don't like fumbling with those batteries in the field. Thanks

I got spares off ebay. They work fine but I will be on the alert for any that are short.

Back
Top Bottom