Sovereign elite died, revived and 24k

jackdaniels

Forum Supporter
Arrived at "arrowhead beach' and started detecting.
It had rained the night before and the sand was piled in places and in others had eroded away down to the small rocks.
Suddenly the elite started going haywire. But sometimes it would act normal and go beeping left and right again. I thought maybe the batteries were low. I decided to go to the next beach over because of not many stores on this beach.
On the way there I stopped and looked around where I have found arrowheads in the past but the sand was piled high. Not looking to be a good day. :(

I get to "gold beach" and buy batteries and still same issue. I shake the control box and I hear loose things inside. :no:

I borrowed a screwdriver and opened up the control box. As soon as I looked inside, Bingo!. As sovereign owners know the locking mechanism attaching the control box to the shaft isn't the best. A few days ago the control box fell off the shaft and it was ok or so I thought since it didn't fall but was saved by the coil cable connecting to the box.

The metal screws and washer holding the coil connector in place had come undone and were touching the coil connector pins. :laughing:
(Sorry, my writing skills suck. I dropped out of high school to metal detect full time. :laughing:)

After all this found a small 24k 3.65 gram ring to finish the day.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0022 (1).jpg
    IMG_0022 (1).jpg
    152 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0031 (1).jpg
    IMG_0031 (1).jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 351
Wow, nice catch and maybe it happened for a reason. You moved, got batteries then found the problem and got the ring. Congrats on a very rare ring...at least in my opinion. Man, Im jealous.

:dingding:THAT is a definite rarity in this country! Great find!!

Back
Top Bottom