David H. Fell & Co.

Compass

Forum Supporter
In the past I've sent gold into ARA with no problem. However, I was not all that comfortable sending gold in the mail even though it was always insured. I am trying a local refiner named David H. Fell (DHF). The payout is comparable depending on the quantity- 97.5% for 5-9.9 troy ounces of jewelry, especially when factoring in no shipping or insurance. Less than 5 troy ounces pays 96% but is subject to a $35 assay fee. Here is their Los Angeles website if anyone is interested:
www.dhfco.com

Explain

If it's insured George, if lost , you get your money, you can even insure it more that it's worth. Yes you do have to pay insurance but, it gives you peace of mind .

:hmmm: Hmmm... office in Burlingame too... :thumbsup:

Thanks!

R5

I sent it 2 day priority signature required.

In probably 7 years or so never had a problem and never insured it.

And FYI. UNLESS you send it registered mail and insured USPS does NOT insure gold bullion.

Anyone ever loose something expensive thru USPS that was insured? Id assume there would be a long wait on them to investigate where the package was. Then they would want to know WHAT was shipped before they did a pay out so they could do a depreciation...... so over insuring to me might be a waist of money..... like over insuring your 1980s car.

If you can find a local refinery at that percentage sounds like a good deal. I know some people who use a local jewelry who pays club members 80 to 85%. most dont like the hassle of sending it and cash in jewelry as its found.

Dew

Anyone ever loose something expensive thru USPS that was insured? Id assume there would be a long wait on them to investigate where the package was. Then they would want to know WHAT was shipped before they did a pay out so they could do a depreciation...... so over insuring to me might be a waist of money..... like over insuring your 1980s car.

If you can find a local refinery at that percentage sounds like a good deal. I know some people who use a local jewelry who pays club members 80 to 85%. most dont like the hassle of sending it and cash in jewelry as its found.

Dew
from what I understand USPS priority, at least international, are all insured for $100 regardless of.contents. Additional insurance can be added on top of,that

from what I understand USPS priority, at least international, are all insured for $100 regardless of.contents. Additional insurance can be added on top of,that

Insurance CAN be added. A total waste when it comes to bullion or jewelry. IF you don't send it registered, they do not insure gold. You are wasting your money.

Insurance CAN be added. A total waste when it comes to bullion or jewelry. IF you don't send it registered, they do not insure gold. You are wasting your money.

Commenting on this one rather than all the comments. I knew someone who insured a brand new Teknetics T2 that was defective. When shipped it disappeared. WEll when something gets lost the post office isn't going to take the blame or pay out. They just said the company he shipped it to lost it. And the company he shipped it to said they never got it. So he never got a dime from either company for a brand new detector. I doubt the post office would ever even pay you 50 bucks? Heck they send your torn mail that gets shredded going through a sorter without even an im sorry. I once got a letter where the only piece left was my address. Nothing else was left:shock:

Commenting on this one rather than all the comments. I knew someone who insured a brand new Teknetics T2 that was defective. When shipped it disappeared. WEll when something gets lost the post office isn't going to take the blame or pay out. They just said the company he shipped it to lost it. And the company he shipped it to said they never got it. So he never got a dime from either company for a brand new detector. I doubt the post office would ever even pay you 50 bucks? Heck they send your torn mail that gets shredded going through a sorter without even an im sorry. I once got a letter where the only piece left was my address. Nothing else was left:shock:

signature confirmation

If it's insured George, if lost , you get your money, you can even insure it more that it's worth. Yes you do have to pay insurance but, it gives you peace of mind .

HA! Yeah right. Good luck with that claim. I've sent stuff registered mail/insured that was lost and didn't get a dime.

I've sent stuff UPS that was completely destroyed and insured. They wouldn't pay the claim and only refunded my shipping costs after way too many hours fighting over it. I even remember asking "what's the point of selling me insurance if you won't even pay a claim"

The reply, "you can insure it for whatever you want, it doesn't mean they will pay that"

I paid a UPS store to pack that one for me too!

Back
Top Bottom