• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ace 250 on salt water beach

bowhunter543

I am going to Florida this winter and would like to take my Ace 250 along. I know they have trouble on salt beaches. But can I use it and what settings should I be at?

I am going to Florida this winter and would like to take my Ace 250 along. I know they have trouble on salt beaches. But can I use it and what settings should I be at?

Here in NW Florida I use my 250 in the salt water and on the surf wetted beaches all the time. I use all metal mode up in the dry sand, and on the wet sand I discriminate out nickels and everything else to the left. In either area I leave the sensitivity at 6 of 8 bars. If you are going to South Florida, it may act differently. You may hear from JBEXPRESS on here, he is further south, I'll defer to his experience down there... Over to you JB!

Wet sand. 3 bars sensativity. Chase the strongest signals since you will get some falsing. I can be accurate up to 5 inches in my highly mineralized sand. Nickles will bounce nickle penny or show up just under nickle in the foil region in the wet. Direct wave contact or heavy current will false it allot. Just compensate while listening because the targets will sound out over the falsing. Do not get the box wet or raise your coil over the box because the water will run down the shaft. Have fun and take pics. :D

Scooping is fast and easy so any solid signal is a fair Target I think. I dig the deep nickle and pennies just in case. Go at least 3 scoops if it sounds real good.

Thanks for the responses. I have the stock coil and the 10"x14" DD EXCelerator Coil that I got late last fall, which would be better?

I've only used the stock on the Ace but many people have posted the DD is better. Definately better at getting a clean signal amongst the trash.

Back
Top Bottom