USA military Special Forces ring HELP!

lucky_c

Howdy! Haven't detected or posted here much in a while, but went out today and found this right off the bat. It's a USA Special Forces ring, with what looks to be initials engraved. Google searching is coming up empty, but I'd like to return it to the owner. It looks worn, like it was on someone's finger for quite a few years.

Anyone have any ideas as to find the owner (or his survivors)? I've posted on Craigslist but I think that's a long shot.

Attachments

• IMAG0238.jpg
    IMAG0238.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 685
ring

It's gonna be pretty hard to do with initials only-I recently found a ww2 dog tag-and contacted angelos angles on the computer and they located relatives and it was returned to family..tony az...

No indication of unit affiliation? I suppose, assuming that whomever lost it resides in the area, you can use the initials to search the local town for matches and do it the old fashioned way. Call each match and ask if they have ever served in the military. If you find someone that says yes to that you can narrow your questions from there. If they aren't local to the area though it would be a tough one to track down. How deep was it? Maybe the maker has records?

Those are some good suggestions, I'll be at the VFW soon. BTW it's quite a ring, 21.5g of 14k, with a great sapphire that was unfortunately smashed by a lawnmower. And there is no unit identifier.

If you can figure out the maker, some do keep records, and some of them have lost/found areas on their websites.

Found this.....
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2020.html

"QRQ 3006-02-2004, 22:19
I have to say that in my day SF Rings were rare. Perhaps because they weren't appropriate for wear in a tropical climate.

OTOH "The In Thing" for SF in SEA was a star saphire ring and gold Rolex. I last saw my saphire ring as it flew through the air and into a klong on the hwy from Bangkok to Pataya. I was driving and as I tossed a Singha bottle out the window the ring went with it. I don't know if it's the age, and/or diabetes but my ring size fluctuates and I have lost enough rings to stock a Pawn Shop. I gave up on rings.:munchin"

Perhaps this will help narrow your search a bit as the owner MAY have been in Southeast Asia.

You may also try this site and post your search.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php

I was stationed at Carson in the late '80s with 4th ID...If I recall many of the troops rotated back there during the war. You actually have a LOT of clues that may help.

Detective work is ongoing. This was found at a defunct golf course, I'm tracking down former employees to see if they remember anything about it. In addition to all the other avenues that have been suggested!

Back
Top Bottom