New with question

gamdnoob

I live in an area in north Georgia with a high amount of iron ore in the ground where I detect. I'm looking to purchase a Garrett Ace 250 for my first real detector. I found a cheap 6 function detector in my grand parents garage and played with it and have got hooked. The iron ore messes with that detector a little. Will this effect the ace 250's performance any? Also is the ace 250 a good starter MD for beginners within a price range of 200-300 dollars? Thanks for the help.

I live in an area in north Georgia with a high amount of iron ore in the ground where I detect. I'm looking to purchase a Garrett Ace 250 for my first real detector. I found a cheap 6 function detector in my grand parents garage and played with it and have got hooked. The iron ore messes with that detector a little. Will this effect the ace 250's performance any? Also is the ace 250 a good starter MD for beginners within a price range of 200-300 dollars? Thanks for the help.

The Ace 250 isn't bad. I just got a Tesoro Compade ($150) and am impressed. Simple to use, good build quality and you can dial out the bad stuff with your thumb....

Dusty

Thanks dustylions I have been doing some research and reading up on the ace 250 and have just notice the likes outway all the dislikes but I am still open to suggestions.

I have been using an ace 250 and I am really pleased with the performance of mine overall a great starter detector for a great price. You should be able to discriminate the iron and still not miss any good targets besides some relics possibly..But I am 100% pleased with mine..

Will these garrett models allow me to find CW relics like the musket balls and union shots? The area I live was passed through by Gen. Sherman's march to the sea. That is what I'm really interested in. Any other hunters here from North Georgia?

Yeah i've been on youtube alot searching for the right detector. Just wanting some opinions on here for a good first medal detector. eg. Garret, Bounty Hunter or other between $200-$300.

The 250 is a great starter for that price range. It does tend to freak out a bit if you get it around too much iron that is close to the surface. Just turn the sensitivity down a bit and use shorter swings if the iron starts to affect it.

-Swartzie

Back
Top Bottom