Anyone else waiting to see Randy Couture vs James Toney?

Clemsonite

I had to bring this into the forum because I've followed mix martial arts almost since it's beginning.
With that said, realistically why would they set a fight up for one man to fall with everyone knowing he will fall...? Unless it's set up! (UFC 118 this Saturday)
Very irritated I am with the UFC and Dana White and his big brothers!
Sorry had to vent.:gaah:

I have not followed UFC at all... isn't James Toney the washed out boxer? Not sure how he could compete in UFC.... would be a fast fight and end with him on the canvas. RickO

I'll be honest, I dislike The UFC and MMA in general. I'm a boxing fan, have been since I was a kid and boxed out of Taunton, MA for a long time. I could write an essay on why I dislike MMA and why I think boxing is boxing is a superior sport. With that said, I had no idea James Toney was getting into the MMA game. I have been so out of the loop the past couple of years. Knowing this now, I hope James puts down Randy. I don't believe this will happen and I think this fight is a joke. This article sums it up quite nicely: http://deadspin.com/5591652/5-reasons-toneycouture-wont-settle-the-boxingmma-debate

"The acrimony between the street-hardened Toney, 41, and White reached a peak this month when White confessed he "got caught up in the MMA-vs.-boxing thing," and considered Toney's participation a "freak show."
"Toney will get his ass kicked on August 28 and I'm counting the days," White said.'

Edit: The more I think about it that this fight is even taking place makes me despise The UFC more than I did before.

I'll be honest, I dislike The UFC and MMA in general. I'm a boxing fan, have been since I was a kid and boxed out of Taunton, MA for a long time. I could write an essay on why I dislike MMA and why I think boxing is boxing is a superior sport. With that said, I had no idea James Toney was getting into the MMA game. I have been so out of the loop the past couple of years. Knowing this now, I hope James puts down Randy. I don't believe this will happen and I think this fight is a joke. This article sums it up quite nicely: http://deadspin.com/5591652/5-reasons-toneycouture-wont-settle-the-boxingmma-debate

"The acrimony between the street-hardened Toney, 41, and White reached a peak this month when White confessed he "got caught up in the MMA-vs.-boxing thing," and considered Toney's participation a "freak show."
"Toney will get his ass kicked on August 28 and I'm counting the days," White said.'

Edit: The more I think about it that this fight is even taking place makes me despise The UFC more than I did before.

I enjoy watching some of the good brawls between athletes who take the sport serious. UFC is turning into a WWE kind of entertainment which sucks. That would be crazy if Toney does catch Randy and lights out. I guess that would bring more fans than a normal fight. Dana's pockets are getting deeper as I type!

I enjoy watching some of the good brawls between athletes who take the sport serious. UFC is turning into a WWE kind of entertainment which sucks. That would be crazy if Toney does catch Randy and lights out. I guess that would bring more fans than a normal fight. Dana's pockets are getting deeper as I type!

When I was a kid we had a "blackbox." We got all the movie and pay-per-view channels. I remember watching UFC 1 and all the early UFC events. There was a brutality to it and a sense of mystique that it no longer has. I truly believe, like you, that UFC will eventually become something like the WWE.

I don't know if anyone else watched this tonight. We got it over here and I really regret it. A bore and a total waste of money.

The Toney-Coulture fight was disgusting and I actually felt a bit ill watching it. That fight should never have happened and Dana White is a shmuck for allowing it. I would feel the same way if Coulture stepped into the boxing ring with Toney.

There was nothing like those old school UFC fights. They fought till someone was knocked out. I am surprised KIMBO didnt make further hes got some good street fights on you tube. His stamina is not there though. I always liked Tank abbott , he's a regular guy that never really trained he just went into the ring and brawled. I havent really followed UFC anymor. Most of the fighters have the same style and all are to evenly matched. Thats my two cents on UFC. Take care guys.

There was nothing like those old school UFC fights. They fought till someone was knocked out. I am surprised KIMBO didnt make further hes got some good street fights on you tube. His stamina is not there though. I always liked Tank abbott , he's a regular guy that never really trained he just went into the ring and brawled. I havent really followed UFC anymor. Most of the fighters have the same style and all are to evenly matched. Thats my two cents on UFC. Take care guys.

Kimbo slice didn't make it further because he sucked as a fighter compared to the guys now. I watched UFC 1 along with most of the early ones. They were posting ads in fighting magazines about the tourny. The fighters were totally different, like you said. There was also a brutality to it that's no longer there. It's weird to say it, but MMA stinks now because the fighters are too good...too technical. It was much more fun to watch to brutes in the ring bash their brains out then two guys afraid to hit each other or rolling around on the mat for 5 minutes.

I watched the fights last night. BJ Penn acted like he'd rather be at home smoking a fatty.

However, during the free hour prefights, Lauzon put a real good whooping on Ruediger. I believe they showed it again after the main event. I thought that was a pre-curser for the rest of the event. I was wrong!

I'm a little disappointed that Couture wrestled Tonie down and choked him out. You have to make it a little entertaining. He should have brawled a little to show that the MMA guys are well rounded. I guess now that he's rolling in the dough as a hollywood star he doesn't care anymore. I'll still watch the fights but I'm not paying for them anymore, ever.

I watched the fights last night. BJ Penn acted like he'd rather be at home smoking a fatty.

However, during the free hour prefights, Lauzon put a real good whooping on Ruediger. I believe they showed it again after the main event. I thought that was a pre-curser for the rest of the event. I was wrong!

I'm a little disappointed that Couture wrestled Tonie down and choked him out. You have to make it a little entertaining. He should have brawled a little to show that the MMA guys are well rounded. I guess now that he's rolling in the dough as a hollywood star he doesn't care anymore. I'll still watch the fights but I'm not paying for them anymore, ever.

There's no way Randy could brawl with Toney. I was happy about the Louzon fight. Mostly because he's from the same town as me.

Back
Top Bottom