Is This a Quarter?

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
I saw this on my kitchen floor today, obviously a find I dropped after a return home. It reads a 22 Vdi on the Equinox. Do you see anything to ID this?

Attachments

• 8B301A31-89FC-48BE-97D8-220F24A52A45.jpeg
    8B301A31-89FC-48BE-97D8-220F24A52A45.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 306
  • C6B2C0F6-48E8-4BF8-B157-3111B8B34144.jpeg
    C6B2C0F6-48E8-4BF8-B157-3111B8B34144.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 306
Does it stick to a magnet? Any sign of a reeded edge? Sorry, those were probably obvious questions.

According to google search Electrical boxes are constructed of metallic or nonmetallic material. Metal boxes are usually made of aluminum, steel or cast iron. The boxes made without metal are PVC or plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Too light .. clad quarter is 5.67 and silver 6.25. I doubt being that toasted that it would weigh less but I don’t know for sure. I guess it could be foreign currency some kind.

Too light .. clad quarter is 5.67 and silver 6.25. I doubt being that toasted that it would weigh less but I don’t know for sure. I guess it could be foreign currency some kind.

Still guessing it’s a punch out. I have found several that are toasted like that one.

This one is thinner due to the wear. That counts doesn't it? About 20 mils.

This one is thinner due to the wear. That counts doesn't it? About 20 mils.

I guess but I still have never seen a clad quarter or especially silver quarter corrode like that. Hope it's something good but beyond my scope of knowledge. Good luck with the ID.

I guess but I still have never seen a clad quarter or especially silver quarter corrode like that. Hope it's something good but beyond my scope of knowledge. Good luck with the ID.

It could be one of those mexican alloys. Been fooled with those before.

According to google search Electrical boxes are constructed of metallic or nonmetallic material. Metal boxes are usually made of aluminum, steel or cast iron. The boxes made without metal are PVC or plastic.

I gave it about 2 hours in the rock tumbler and just checked. Inclusive. Probably why I gave into it back then, but we are tumbling again. It is sure a very clean punch out if it is indeed one. Time will tell ;-)

I gave it about 2 hours in the rock tumbler and just checked. Inclusive. Probably why I gave into it back then, but we are tumbling again. It is sure a very clean punch out if it is indeed one. Time will tell ;-)

Cool, keep me posted

Get a brass brush and scrub all that gunk off. Then do an archimedes density test. That will tell you if it could be a valuable coin and you should have been careful about scrubbing it off.

Back
Top Bottom