help with ID and dating(update... ID'd)

Max houser

I don't know jack about buttons but I know some of you do.. trying to date a wooded area I scoped out this morning and found this little button... it was about 8 inches deep...
I can barely read the back but it says "XXXXXXXX WORKS" I also can't take any better pics...
b2RLZAt.jpg

CvAzQYW.jpg

Last edited:
Great seal button, so post 1900 iirc. A bunch of guys here know them well, good find!

you want to know how to date that button ? :?: Well, perhaps some romantic music. Soft lights. A bottle of wine, etc.... Personally, I'm not into dating buttons. But .... to each his own I guess. :cool3:

Button ID'd

the back says "CITY BUTTON WORKS NY" the NY is abreviated, not spelled out like other examples I saw online. still need an approximnate date line.

City Button Works moved to New Jersey in 1923. That would make your button from 1902-1923. They were in business from 1875-1955

City Button Works moved to New Jersey in 1923. That would make your button from 1902-1923. They were in business from 1875-1955

Thankyou!... I'm scoping an old orchard that is gone and now all wooded.. orchard existed until the very early 1900's... looks like a viable spot then...

Back
Top Bottom