where to go in South Carolina

Brooklyn

I live in South Carolina near Columbia, I was wondering if anyone knew some good sites for a person who is new detecting?

Hey Brooklyn,

If you're new to detecting, I would start off at the local city parks. Find the play grounds that kids like to play in and you'll have more targets than you care to dig, you might even find gold. Once you get the hang of it and you want to do some relic hunting, start reading up un Lexington's history and checkout goggle earth. You will see more old roads and crossroads then you can shake a stick at. Then you will have to get the nerve up and start asking permission to hunt on those properties. Also check out the local swimming holes.
There are more sights out there than you realize. Just hop into your car and start driving around and you'll see them.

I hope this helps.

Just get good at digging without damaging before you try digging in nice yards. :roll:

Geoff
Kentucky Coinshooter

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new too

Hi Brooklyn,
Olddog here, I'm new also at detecting, but I know of some places that I would like to try. Maybe you and I can get togeather and see what we can dig up.Tell me what area that you are in and then maybe we can meet .
Looking foward to hear from you. Olddog

Old parking lots. I found a CHUNK of 14k gold laying on the surface of one - no detector needed. It is one of those pendants that is supposed to look like a gold nugget. Get permission from restaurants, car repair places and anywhere that has a dirt lot. This will keep you busy until you get permission for the good places.

Back
Top Bottom