Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 03-19-2018, 12:55 PM
Supporter

Default Heads up on Koss QZ99 headphones and Equinox

They work perfectly! Just have to have the inline mono/stereo switch moved to stereo for full volume. For those that don't have a pair of QZ99's, they have a 1/8" plug and that plug fits in the equinox headphone jack with no fitting issues.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:21 AM

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by NCtoad View post
They work perfectly! Just have to have the inline mono/stereo switch moved to stereo for full volume. For those that don't have a pair of QZ99's, they have a 1/8" plug and that plug fits in the equinox headphone jack with no fitting issues.
I was wondering if the plug would fit. Having to use an adapter would of been a pain.
Love my QZ99's for field and beach work in high winds.

On the X-Terra I run the phones wide open and use the detector to set the volume level. Helps a bit on fringe depth targets, where modulation kicks in at a deeper level. For example the last 2" of depth have modulated audio vs the last 4" being modulated when using the phones to adjust the volume. Using a barely audible threshold You can hear/see the difference in air tests.

Last edited by Jackpine; 03-21-2018 at 05:38 AM.