Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Coiltek electronics
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 03-18-2018, 02:43 PM
Supporter

Default Equinox accessories

Any forum dealers know when any of the Equinox accessories will be available?

Old 03-18-2018, 05:37 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by choppadude View post
Any forum dealers know when any of the Equinox accessories will be available?
I heard waterproof headphones will be made available first.
Don't know when exactly.

Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, White's TRX, Makro, XP MI-6,,remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

Old 03-18-2018, 06:42 PM
Supporter

Really hoping to get the WM08 wireless module so I can try my Sunray Gold Pros on the Equinox.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:47 PM
Supporter

Also want to put this out there. I wanted to try the Minelab ML80 low latency Bluetooth headphones but they are not available yet. BUT a little birdie told me that the ML80's are actually a Minelab rebrand of the Miccus SR-71 Stealth headphones. I ordered a pair and sure enough they are the exact same headphones. The Miccus manual was word for word with the Minelab Equinox manual instructions for the ML80's.
I bought mine off Amazon for like $69.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:07 PM
Elite Member

What is available yet for the 800? No different coils to go along with the debut?

Old 03-18-2018, 07:24 PM

MInelab has locked the page that talked about availability of their accessories and coils. The last I saw is that they are concentrating on meeting the demand for the 600/800 first, and their manufacturing will not start on the coils and headphones until demand is settled down.
I saw that the earliest that ANY accessory would likely be available is in late April or May.

I fully understand that they want to get the stock machines out the door to customers, before having to deal with accessories. The demand is VERY high, and they are doing what they think is necessary to keep up.

I've been put on a dealer's waiting list for any, and all accessories (Coils and headphones) that become available. I suggest that you contact your dealer and get on a list NOW, or deal with the same demand problems that we are experiencing with the basic models.
(I am #1 on the list with my dealer for the coils as they come available!)

Old 03-19-2018, 08:37 AM
Elite Member

Smile

Really hoping to get the WM08 wireless module so I can try my Sunray Gold Pros on the Equinox.
You will need to find an adapter plug that will fit in the WM08.
I have 2 and neither 1 fit.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:36 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by graybeard View post
You will need to find an adapter plug that will fit in the WM08.
I have 2 and neither 1 fit.
You mean the 1/4" to 1/8" stereo adapter?

Old 03-19-2018, 12:25 PM
Elite Member

Smile

You mean the 1/4" to 1/8" stereo adapter?
Yes I mean 1/8 to 1/4 the adapters I have are to big around because the spot it plugs in is back in. If it was flush with the edge it would be better.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by SittingElf View post
MInelab has locked the page that talked about availability of their accessories and coils. The last I saw is that they are concentrating on meeting the demand for the 600/800 first, and their manufacturing will not start on the coils and headphones until demand is settled down.
I saw that the earliest that ANY accessory would likely be available is in late April or May.

I fully understand that they want to get the stock machines out the door to customers, before having to deal with accessories. The demand is VERY high, and they are doing what they think is necessary to keep up.

I've been put on a dealer's waiting list for any, and all accessories (Coils and headphones) that become available. I suggest that you contact your dealer and get on a list NOW, or deal with the same demand problems that we are experiencing with the basic models.
(I am #1 on the list with my dealer for the coils as they come available!)
At this point, maybe that's the best that Minelab can do (other than talking to Detech, Coiltech or Nel about making some small coils), but it is strange ML didn't deal with basic accessories a year ago.