Fisher F2 Question

Spartan84

Explorer
Forum Supporter
Hey guys, I know someone will have an answer for this. Sometimes I get really faint or high pitched bips and beeps that come up past dime and quarter range. What usually causes these? Usually when canslaw or junk comes in at 88+(ive dug enough to know;) and still do... ) I know the tone, but these are different, I havent dug them because I figured it was junk, and they are usually non repeating. I cant remember but I think they ring up as "+" but dont quote me on that. Thanks for your help in advance.

Yep...it's just junk.
Usually the single non-repeatable blips just haven't been thoroughly processed on the first pass, but on subsequent passes the machine recognizes them for what they are, and simply doesn't bother you with them again.

It is probably junk if it comes in the high 90's to 00. That being said, you really never know till you dig and have your eyes on it. I never dig any of those.

Could be several things, usually none of them good.

Personally, I have gotten these signals several times and it has always been a large piece of iron in the vicinity that has bled through my discrimination since I usually knock out just iron when I hunt.

Also, keep in mind, this false "ghost" signal can be up to one foot away from the trash if is big enough, and especially if it is moist soil.

The key and clue here is that it doesn't repeat in the same place.

I "think" that what sometimes happens is that the target is just outside of your swing area, and you got a faint signal, so if you step to the side and scan the area, sometimes you can locate the target that gave you the signal. Did that make sense? lol

I "think" that what sometimes happens is that the target is just outside of your swing area, and you got a faint signal, so if you step to the side and scan the area, sometimes you can locate the target that gave you the signal. Did that make sense? lol

Yea, ive learned to check around faint signals. Sometimes it is over just a little then I get the strong one. But these are only like i described above.

This rang in at 88-90 on my F2. I was sure it would be another can or piece of lead pipe. Glad I dug it though!

P8130102.jpg

Yep...it's just junk.
Usually the single non-repeatable blips just haven't been thoroughly processed on the first pass, but on subsequent passes the machine recognizes them for what they are, and simply doesn't bother you with them again.

Glad I read that. Just got my F2 in a couple hours ago and was only able to play with it about 20 minutes (found 3 pennies in my backyard my other MD had missed and thats just in one tiny area), but anyways I did keep getting a single beep that would disappear and I had Iron and Foil discriminated out. There's a ton of nails out back and some larger pieces of iron so that would make sense. My worry was it was sensitivity too high and maybe it was "chatter" but I have always pictured that as more than just a single, non-repeating beep.

Oh... Just re-read some of my manual again and it says "If the detector emits false, non-repeatable, signals, REDUCE THE SENSITIVITY" so maybe that was my problem after all

Back
Top Bottom