• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Some nice headstamps from last season

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Check some of these out! I've just got around to going through some stuff and found these. Figured some may enjoy them! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 211
ok is it just me but why do you save these? Are they worth anything? I have found these before and I just usually throw out as junk. Have I been doing something wrong here?

Ray

Nice collection. I keep all mine as well, getting a pretty good stack of them. Reminds me, Where's Turtlefoot been? Not heard much from him in awhile.

Nice collection, I remember most of those. joe
Thanks Joe!
ok is it just me but why do you save these? Are they worth anything? I have found these before and I just usually throw out as junk. Have I been doing something wrong here?

Ray

Well Ray they really aren't worth anything except maybe scrap metal value but it's cool to see some rare names and to be able to date them can tell you a lot about a particular site your hunting. Thanks for looking!

Ray

Not everything that is "worth anything" has actual monetary value...... ;) Sure, we'd all like to make a living just off of metal detecting, but lots of people do it for the history, recreation, etc......

Love the headstamps, very nice!

In rural places that is pretty much what we have to hunt. That and farm relics. Head stamps are fascinating because they can be researched and dated. It's also exciting trying to find a really old one. Some are over a century old.

I find a lot and throw mine in a jar. I also save them to look up them later to help date when there was traffic in the area, which I've found to be very helpful in ID'ing other finds that can't be dated as accurately.

I love finding headstamps. I feel someday they will be an oddball collectible, and older ones may have some $ worth. Who knows, I go to flea markets and they sell tons of junk, and I mean JUNK, sometimes for good money. All you will have to do is clean them up, put them in a display and bingo! VERY Unique mancave decoration, especially for the antique firearm collectors. An easy sell...I would guess, a nice display with 50 or more different 125+ year old headstamps would go for at LEAST $50. All the !!!! that sells in this world, a nice headstamp collection could easily sell.
I save ALL the 100 year old ones, someday I'm going to prove my point here and sell a few displays!;)

I love finding headstamps. I feel someday they will be an oddball collectible, and older ones may have some $ worth. Who knows, I go to flea markets and they sell tons of junk, and I mean JUNK, sometimes for good money. All you will have to do is clean them up, put them in a display and bingo! VERY Unique mancave decoration, especially for the antique firearm collectors. An easy sell...I would guess, a nice display with 50 or more different 125+ year old headstamps would go for at LEAST $50. All the !!!! that sells in this world, a nice headstamp collection could easily sell.
I save ALL the 100 year old ones, someday I'm going to prove my point here and sell a few displays!;)

Not a bad idea. I was going to make a small display, but a bigger one may be in order..... Heck, I have a couple I have found..... ;)

BTW, have you made one yourself yet? Just wondering what kind of case you or anyone else used.....

Yes, I have a small one I made a few years ago. I can put together many more. This was just a quick set up I did to preserve some rare headstamps. I get a lot of comments from people who see it on my wall.Some headstamps are more regional, what you find on the west coast may never be found on the East Coast and etc. Someday I could see trades being made to create a complete collection like Turtlefoots web page!
Go to ebay and search "Riker Mount display box" That is what I used!

Attachments

• IMG_0850 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0850 (640x480).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 121
Yes, I have a small one I made a few years ago. I can put together many more. This was just a quick set up I did to preserve some rare headstamps. I get a lot of comments from people who see it on my wall.Some headstamps are more regional, what you find on the west coast may never be found on the East Coast and etc. Someday I could see trades being made to create a complete collection like Turtlefoots web page!
Go to ebay and search "Riker Mount display box" That is what I used!

Very cool, I'll check it out. I've got tons, pretty much most of what you have pictured, then some more regional stuff. And, a trade would be cool sometime, be neat to see what others have......

Back
Top Bottom