Great hunt, great company, paid for the new etrac in an hour and a half!

zeemang

Forum Supporter
Today was just one of those days I HAD to post.
Hands down best hunt I have ever had at any hacienda here. It was great to get out with my dad, who is down here on vacation right now, and canadianguy. I busted out my new etrac with the small coil for a test run, I let my dad use my xterra 705, and canadianguy with his ctx.
We were primarily looking for old hacienda tokens at this spot. They were used pre 1913 to pay the workers, and are highly collected now. From the time we touched down at this distant spot it was 1 and a half hours before my etrac was paid in full, and kept going.
Total I pulled 30 tokens ($3000 value), amazingly tying canadianguy for the day (how does THAT happen?) and my dad got three.
Last pic is my dad and I.
Great hunt with great friends!

Attachments

• Imagen1.jpg
    Imagen1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 694
  • Imagen2.jpg
    Imagen2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 776
  • Imagen3.jpg
    Imagen3.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 706
Excellent, hunting with your dad and a friend and finding all those valuable tokens on the first time out with the new machine...outstanding hunt!

zach66604, there were four different denominations known at this hacienda before canadianguy and myself started hitting it this fall, since we have found two previouly unknown varieties which will hopefully be included in an updated book about mexican tokens. Unknown denominations we get about 150 dollars per token, known ones go for 100 dollars each. We are selling them off slowly so we don't crash the price...
Matmit, not quite just lying around, nothing comes easy, research plays a big part in deciding which ones are most rare and should bring a good market price. And then actually locating the spots and getting a reliable permission is tricky at times, but it is working out well for us this year. I spend a good biit of time researching in local archives and online to find these places.
MrNovice, kind of a similar system that was used in the US where they paid workers in company script that was only vauluable at the company store and no where else.
Thanks all for your kind comments and HH!

Major congrats on an awesome haul. Can you post some close-ups of these tokens? Curious to see the detail, what it says on them.

Felicitaciones Zeemang !:wow:
Are these tokens made of Aluminium? - if so,such a strong signal to
detect. Good Luck and HH,
Ramm

Back
Top Bottom