Rosie Feburary Hunts.

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out for a couple of hunts yesterday and again today. Had some success on both outings, but was asked to leave the park this morning by a park attendant saying that a neighbor was complaining. On Sunday's hunt I manage to dig a Rosie and a couple of Wheat's along with A nice total of $5.96 in clad. Today I managed another Rosie and a Wheat and added another $1.78 to the coffers. So far 2017 has been pretty good for this Wisconsin hunter as In four hunts this year I have been perfect with at least one Silver coin in every hunt. I did not get even a hunt until into March last year.

Attachments

• 2-19-17 .jpg
    2-19-17 .jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 289
  • 2-19-17 1 .jpg
    2-19-17 1 .jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 2-20-17 .jpg
    2-20-17 .jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 2-20-17 1 .jpg
    2-20-17 1 .jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 378
Very consistent , a Rosie a day , cool , Congrats , HH
Thanks Rick. I think I may have found a bit more on the second outting if not asked to leave.
Nice hunt and way to creep into the silver!
Don't know how the creeping thing works Treble but the park was only built in the late fifties so I didn't think I'd find a lot of old coins. Pretty happy with the results.
Starting off the year on a good clip!
It has been a great start for the 2017 season. 4 for 4 with Silver coins and been out four times more than last year at this time.
Way to go Trap!
Too bad about that nosy neighbor at the park:no:
Not real sure there was a nosy neighbor Matt, the attendant really had a lot of distaste for my presence and had no way to hid it.
Nice job Trap...I still see your killing the clad with some nice silvers :)
Did pretty good on the clad Mike was really happy to dig the Rosie's.
Bummer about that park hunt but glad you seein you finding some of the shiney stuff. Congrats buddy!
Jason had already gotten the Silver so all it did was shorten the hunt.
Great hunting Jack congrats! Good thing there's plenty other parks around ! HH!
That is a positive Jeff. I just have to find enough time to ravage them all. Jack

....Not real sure there was a nosy neighbor Matt, the attendant really had a lot of distaste for my presence and had no way to hid it.....

Which is EXACTLY why most of my turf hunting is done at night nowadays. So peaceful. So serene.

As much as I'd love to convert every nosy lookie-lou, and every last park attendant to "love and adore me", I've come to the realization that it simply isn't going to happen. Detecting has connotations. That you might be about to "take something" or "leave a hole". And no amount of clarifying or asking is going to change that and get you loved. So sometimes ..... out of sight is out of mind :roll:

Congrats on the pair of Rosies and all the change...good to see you out digging dirt silver! All I've been doing lately is hunting the beach...

Hey hey hey!! Easy now, you're the LAST guy that needs an "early start"! Kinda like giving Usain Bolt a handicap...HELLO! I'm gonna get you a special hunting harness that keeps one arm behind your back...and take away those lucky boots!:lol:
Seriously Trapper,you are the consummate hunter,nice work getting out and doing the WORK. So many people don't know what it takes to be successful,they just see the results. Most serious hunters do though,there are many on this forum for sure,it's great to see.
May I borrow a stock coil next time we get together? I'd like to make sure mine is OK,I'm suspecting it may be the source of my recent woes...we'll talk later.:grin:

Hey partner. Glad to see your'e out detecting this early. Went out last Sunday and found my first silver. Going out again tomorrow early. Looking forward to another WI group hunt.

Silver is always good!
I totally agree, Silver is always good.
Which is EXACTLY why most of my turf hunting is done at night nowadays. So peaceful. So serene.

As much as I'd love to convert every nosy lookie-lou, and every last park attendant to "love and adore me", I've come to the realization that it simply isn't going to happen. Detecting has connotations. That you might be about to "take something" or "leave a hole". And no amount of clarifying or asking is going to change that and get you loved. So sometimes ..... out of sight is out of mind :roll:
Great wisdom Tom and I think in the future at least for that park I will try a few after dark hunts.
Congrats on the pair of Rosies and all the change...good to see you out digging dirt silver! All I've been doing lately is hunting the beach...
Hope to get a couple of more adventures in before the freeze returns but sure was nice to kill some of the winter with some great outings. Bruce it sure reduced the cabin fever.
Hey hey hey!! Easy now, you're the LAST guy that needs an "early start"! Kinda like giving Usain Bolt a handicap...HELLO! I'm gonna get you a special hunting harness that keeps one arm behind your back...and take away those lucky boots!:lol:
Seriously Trapper,you are the consummate hunter,nice work getting out and doing the WORK. So many people don't know what it takes to be successful,they just see the results. Most serious hunters do though,there are many on this forum for sure,it's great to see.
May I borrow a stock coil next time we get together? I'd like to make sure mine is OK,I'm suspecting it may be the source of my recent woes...we'll talk later.:grin:
Looking forward to our next adventure Kevin. Yes you may borrow the coil, just have to put the 17 back on.
Hey partner. Glad to see your'e out detecting this early. Went out last Sunday and found my first silver. Going out again tomorrow early. Looking forward to another WI group hunt.
The great weather has given us a reprieve from cabin fever so take advantage while you can. Hope to have lots of great group hunts this year.
Grats on a pocketful of nice finds!!
Thanks 5 Mile, it was a great joy digging some treasure. Jack

Way to go Trap!
Lucky hunting boots?
I would say .. Majic boots đź‘Ť
Snuck out for a half hour last night . So nice out and hit a place I had never had much silver luck in the past . Got me a Washington and an old merc .
What a blessing to be able to dig deep in February
HH and congrats on the loot buddy .
, Dew

Congrats Trapper.....I have a friend in Wisconsin....shes been teasing me about how warm its been....hopefull I can get out this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom