What are some scoop set ups for the beach?

Rawkfist

I am not looking to spend too much more that $100. I don't care if it is a little heavy. Just looking for something that will dig nice in wet sand/ shells etc. What are some options? Right now I am just using a small shovel. Thanks

One of my favorite scoops is called something like Scroopol . It came with a travel handle and the only problem I have is I can't find a bigger one made by the same company. I would love to use this in the water but it's size is small for that. The sand flies thru us fast and you can dig deep.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I am not looking to spend too much more that $100. I don't care if it is a little heavy. Just looking for something that will dig nice in wet sand/ shells etc. What are some options? Right now I am just using a small shovel. Thanks
I think you will like Stavr scoop
You can ask a question and I will help you with the choice of model for your conditions.
Ruslan.

Unfortunately like a lot of items you get what you pay for. If you are not doing a lot of digging at the beach a 100 dollar scoop will serve you well for a good period of time. But if you are like a lot of us and spend a couple days or more per week digging in the wet sand then it will not last more than a couple of season Good quality sand scoops are expensive. Mine has been used for over five years. I have had to get it fixed once here recently due to cracks. But a local company took care of it for me and I did not have to ship it somewhere to get it repaired.

Here's a pic

Assist handles can help control full bucket.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 487
In the wet sand you need something thats going to have hole large enough to clear most material and leave the target.... other wise a full scoop in the OAT MEAL over time takes it tole on the ole back, shoulders and neck. I also agree..... something with a bit of a point to get around those shells you hit or into a hard pan.... otherwise the scoop tends to want to roll on ya.

Stavr scoop EVROEXCAVATOR-2 v.33 or v.22 hole 1/2" (12.7 mm)

Attachments

• IMG_20181005_132304rr.jpg
    IMG_20181005_132304rr.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 424
This looks like one of my scoops i use in the water. The back support piece broke on mine

Are you sure that you have Stavr scoop?

and that type/model ? photo of your scoop.
Not sure because I got it from a company in Florida if I remember. I was looking for a wide scoop and this was the only one I found. Tomorrow I will take some pictures. Today I got work from 4 am to 11 pm tonight. I hate those hours as they cut into my MD !

I have to agree with Ruslan. I also use the EVROEXCAVATOR - 2 for hunting the beaches here in So. Cal. As a personal choice, I like the larger 12.7mm holes. It makes sifting very easy !!

Xtreme , Or Stavr

Have the market now, both good scoop's , have both , prefer Xtreme because of the quick release handle to goose neck lock down , 1st pick Xtreme , 2nd pick Stavr M-9

Attachments

• P1000916.JPG
    P1000916.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 373
  • Stavr M-9 003.JPG
    Stavr M-9 003.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 384
Not sure because I got it from a company in Florida if I remember. I was looking for a wide scoop and this was the only one I found. Tomorrow I will take some pictures. Today I got work from 4 am to 11 pm tonight. I hate those hours as they cut into my MD !

Here are my 2 scoops:
073236191b5c856a30776050a8546b40.jpg
d1f0ca4ffe58d76ea457f6e4e78d77ae.jpg
c360f55156e1e64642d0ba0f6d9c645c.jpg

Hello, about the Scoopal. In the ad it says the stainless steel used is only 1.4mm. Most scoops are 1.5 - 2mm. Some folks would not even consider any scoops thinner than 2mm. After using the Scoopal, do you notice any bends or larger flat areas areas that have gone out of shape?

Hello, about the Scoopal. In the ad it says the stainless steel used is only 1.4mm. Most scoops are 1.5 - 2mm. Some folks would not even consider any scoops thinner than 2mm. After using the Scoopal, do you notice any bends or larger flat areas areas that have gone out of shape?
That scoop is well made. I think the reason maybe people don't like it is because maybe they are using it like it was not designed to be used? I got a little rust on a seem and that is it. I only use it in sand and not in the water. I do wish it was bigger then I would use it in the water.

ebay has some cheap scoops made in the ukraine they are actually not bad i have one under 100 bucks

I've had a few bad experiences. Seems I broke 1 part or another every few hunts. $2 to repair over here as there's a steel shop on every road and down every alley.

Back
Top Bottom