The Worm Has Turned

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
Found this Rosey inside a dog park yesterday. I'd found 2 wheats in the same hole the hunt before, and one more wheat yesterday, before this popped up. Etrac said it was 5-6 inches but it was apparently on edge,,,it was actually 3 inches down.

It was about time. I'd hunted the dog park, with my Boxer dog who rarely gets out of my house and fenced yard, so it was easy for me to keep patient and just detect, seeing her so thrilled to run off leash.

Attachments

• IMG_3199.jpg
    IMG_3199.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_3200.jpg
    IMG_3200.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 303
I would not have thought to detect in a dog park. Way to think outside the box, but inside the fence. :grin: Nice silver too.

I saw a dog park at a new site I was checking out the other day and was in there for about 5 minutes before people started coming in with their dogs.. I felt like I was intruding a little so I moved on.. maybe next time I will take my dog with me and it won't feel so weird lol

I would not have thought to detect in a dog park. Way to think outside the box, but inside the fence. :grin: Nice silver too.

My dog loved the first visit there and I could detect. Two birds with one stone. It sits next to an old park where lots of good finds came from. My friends never went inside but some silver was found outside the fence. I said “what the heck, dog’s gotta run anyway”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Rosie Martin. What machine were you using ? I didn't know that you had gotten away from the V3i.

Nice. Congrats on the Rosie. Looks like a good place to hunt in the future as well. Keep popping out the coinage!! :off-topic: I couldn't help but notice the chip on your fingernail, you are in need of a manicure. HH & GL

Last year a lady lost her diamond ring at our dog park.
I hunted it for a while, but no luck.
I wonder if somebody else found it:?:

Congrats on the Rosie Martin. What machine were you using ? I didn't know that you had gotten away from the V3i.

I still have the V3i and it's keen for certain applications. I went to an Explorer Se Pro over a year ago, and also added an Etrac several months later. It's been so much more fun when it comes to finding missed silvers. I've been blessed with what I consider the best metal detectorist to mentor me. We have pulled silvers from parks you, I and several others have pounded many times.

FBS is my goto for evasive silvers in this over hunted region. It's slow though.

Back
Top Bottom