First Canadian hunt, first treasures!!

Seaking406

Elite Member
Hi again, last time I had found anything significant was just after purchasing my ACE250 and found a MOM 10KP gold ring on the third ping at St Andrews Park in Panama City, FL in Feb..

I'm back home, cabin fever hitting strong today, the first day of sping with the 4th storm in 3 weeks hitting tomorrow and dammit, I can't wait any longer.. I'm going dirt fishing.. the lawn out front is soft underfoot so it can't be all THAT bad out there this afternoon.

Since I froze me "balls of the brass monkey" earlier today at the beach, this afternoon I went to the 'beach lake' and give it a try there.. Nothing found in the sandy beach area there, seen signs of someone being there before who didn't fill in his holes but missed some weird odds and ends..

However, in the grass area where people lay out on their blankets, that was a different story! Though I'm still cleaning up parks and beaches (I'll dig on any ping) today I though I struck it lucky on two first digs when I found a neat piece of jewellery with diamonds and rubies(?) on it.. wow! really?! could I be so lucky?!

No... pooh..

The back of it is worn where you can see copper plating behind the thin gold plating, so I doubt the stones are anything else but glass.. but still ! right?

Also found was enough coins for my next Double Double, and a spent copper jacket from a large calibre bullet.. really?! how did THAT end up there on a beach where people sun bathe and play in the water? My guess it was carried in from a quarry pit crushed gravel that was once used as a rifle range..

The ground is VERY frozen just below the surface so all of this stuff was surface finds under the leaves and no more than an inch deep.. I got several big hits but the ground is still too frozen to dig through.. I mapped the spots for when it's warmer and will be back to see what those hits were.

Ahh.. now THAT felt good to be out swinging a stick again.. ;)

Attachments

• find_20mar2018.jpg
    find_20mar2018.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 166
Nice finds! I just got a 250 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm very happy with it, since I'm a beginner.

Just curious, what setting have you been hunting in? When I've been hitting parks and playgrounds, I've been using the jewelry setting, so as to avoid iron and caps.

Good job on getting out for a hunt. Ground frozen solid here right now, but it won't be much longer...............I hope.:shock::lol:

Nice finds! I just got a 250 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm very happy with it, since I'm a beginner.

Just curious, what setting have you been hunting in? When I've been hitting parks and playgrounds, I've been using the jewelry setting, so as to avoid iron and caps.

This is my first MD as well.. I have mine set at CUSTOM with I think the 3 bars on the left turned off (discriminated?) I had found a gold ring on one bar above where I have it discriminated so I am not passing those up again.. I change the sensitivity from 2 or 3 bars away from the right.. I did more beach hunting last month and today was my first grass (albeit the ground is frozen an inch below the surface..)

I watched a lot of tutorials on youtube and other sources online and found these settings to work best for me once I took it out in the wild and tried it for myself.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom