Idea for a new metal detector

hilltopdfx

Ok here is a real far fetched idea i was thinking one day while i was out metal detecting about the future of metal detecting and what kind of machines may come out so here it is and if anyone invents it i want a cut :-) Does anyone know thos roomba vacumes for your house what if u could modify one of thos rumbas and put a coil and micro prossesor in them and while your detecting with your hand held the metal detecting Rooba could be sniffing out your next possible coins ?

my vote and sorry dude.... lame.

MD's are for finding treasure and collectible coins. I've gone through a 20 year old sofa and found maybe a dollar's worth of change.

To find the occassional nickel & dime & nothing else would be a money losing venture.

seems to me if you could make it all terrain and it would automatically stop on a good signal, then you would have something. :!:

Well I have a roomba... and I love it! My dad liked mine so much he bought one too.... and the scooba too....

Like it was mention before if it could be all terrain then it may work... say it should mark the spot (pin point) with something like the paintball ink.... then you just go an dig the holes.... :)

I've been thinking along the same lines except it would be outfitted with a GPS that would transmit to a computer and give you a print out on a grid . With that you can go back and dig with the GPS to locate. And after that I'll get back to my weedwacker/detector. :lol:

Now Schrecky, wheres the excersize in that? Perhaps if you took the roomba detector and attached it to the end of a pole, and walked around while swinging it from side to side......oh, never mind.

:!:Well lets take all of this and get one of those floating skate boards like they used in back to the future episode ? or one of those air type bikes from the star wars series. :lol: I mean if we are going to do some modifications lets do it right and hitch a few together, add the easy chair and a keg of what every your preference is and really go for it. :shock: :lol:

I did'nt laugh at your idea H.T. I was still giggleing over the pair of metal detecting shoes some one was trying to "hawk" on this forum a couple years ago. :lol: :lol:.... I could never get it out of my mind.....Gil in Fl.

HaHa. Love the little Detecting Rover, and the famous line "Now you can explore for buried metal and treasure in style."

hilltopdfx said:
some of you guys laughed at my idea :-) ... someone beat me to it

http://www.physlink.com/estore/cart/X4MetalDetectorRover.cfm

and here is one I bought my son for Christmas a couple months ago. The problem is a poor circuit design, slow sweep speed, and small loop.
Unless you drive with the loop centered directly over the target that is less than 1" from the surface, you ain't finding squat.

My son still uses it, but as a toy and nothing else. He has found a bottle cap or two, but no coins yet.

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-59287.html

Back
Top Bottom