Rocky Point Mexico beach hunt

SeekingtheGold

Spent 4 nights at a condo during Memorial day weekend and got in about 4-5 hours with my Tiger Shark. I was very disappointed with the lack of good finds, although I had fun just getting out. Lots of bottle caps, pull tabs, beer cans, and miscellaneous beach trash. Managed one some and three pennies. However there were these interesting targets I kept digging up in the wet sand, kind of deep about 8 inches minimum. Cannot identify. Anybody care to chime in on what they might be? My guess is pieces of aluminum pounded by the surf and compressed by sand. Other than the silver color t
hey have the appeaFrance of a gold nugget.

Attachments

• 20170610_110741.jpg
    20170610_110741.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 611
Spent 4 nights at a condo during Memorial day weekend and got in about 4-5 hours with my Tiger Shark. I was very disappointed with the lack of good finds, although I had fun just getting out. Lots of bottle caps, pull tabs, beer cans, and miscellaneous beach trash. Managed one some and three pennies. However there were these interesting targets I kept digging up in the wet sand, kind of deep about 8 inches minimum. Cannot identify. Anybody care to chime in on what they might be? My guess is pieces of aluminum pounded by the surf and compressed by sand. Other than the silver color t
hey have the appeaFrance of a gold nugget.

2X

Campfire nuggets = aluminum cans tossed into the campfire.
After a decade or 2 they get moved around and spread all over the beach.

Aluminum fire blobs. I remember rocky point before the condos. Everyone had fires on the beach.
Odd you didn't find much. Should be pesos coins Then again with the huge tides there wet sand zone can be a half mile wide. Big area to cover. At least you got out.

Back
Top Bottom