Garrett Ace 300 acting weird. Defective unit?

Cambo

Hi, this afternoon while detecting with my new Ace 300, In coin mode, I noticed that it was staying quiet for a longer than normal time. I put a penny down on the ground and it didn’t detect it even with the sensitivity almost all the way up. I put a quarter down and that was giving me a 40 signal. Then I switched to relic mode and found a few pennies that came up as between 36 and 38. Yesterday the pennies were ringing up as 80 something I think.

I ended up playing around with the sensitivity and it would start beeping uncontrollably when the sensitivity was all the way up.

When I got home I did some bench tests. A wheat penny was ringing up at 38 and only detected it at one inch from the coil. Any further from the coil and it would not detect the penny.

Did I get a faulty unit or is this normal? Thanks!!!

Sound like interference from power line or highly mineralized soil. My recommendation is call Garrett technical personal. My the way l have the ACE300 also,hope you get answers you need. Vnvn754.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I hope something is actually wrong with the unit instead of just getting electric interference, because my $50 bounty hunter works great in the same location/conditions. It’s also worth noting that I played around with the 4 different frequencies and still no difference.

Luckily I can exchange it for free because I bought it from Amazon, which I will probably do.

Thanks for your help.

Sounds to me like a faulty coil? Anyone near you with any Garrett machine to temporarily swap coils? Otherwise, swap it from Amazon with a functional unit.

I have done very well with the ACE Series where I live.

Update- I exchanged the Ace 300 with a different one and I'm not experiencing any more problems. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom