Using Nox 800 coils to get all the goodies

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
On a good home site permission you may wish to get all the good targets you possibly can. Keep in mind that the area under your coil is an 3D arrangement of targets and junk.

Your coil selection, size and order of use will determine your success at getting most of the good targets in a smaller area say 100 x 20” front yard of an 1890’s home.

1. Hunt the area first with the 11” coil using faster recovery speed and dig and remove all targets (good and junk). This will solve a lot of problems you would have when swinging your 15” coil had you not first cleared the area of a majority of good targets and junk.

2. If an area really trashy do the above with 6” coil.

3. next hunt with your 15” coil with low recovery speed to find deeper targets using slower swings and earphones. Do this on a day after a good soaking rain to get the max depth possible. Dig every signal. Keep in mind as you go deeper the VDI numbers will change some.

4. To be even more sure on a small area, sweep in one direction and then change your swing direction 90 degrees and swing that direction. This can possibly get some coins or targets that are in the ground at an angle not favorable for detecting. Hunting 90 degrees can often result in these targets being a little more detectable at this different direction.

On #3 notes: you still may have deep multiple targets that may get masked so dig every signal until you get no signal. The 15” inch is not as good as unmasking deep targets as the 11” coil is at more shallow targets.

Using this method you can be pretty sure you have gotten all there is to get out of that patch of dirt. A 100% sure? Never happen.

I really like #4. I have particularly noticed after I thought I cleaned out a section of beach , that changing direction at a slower speed, I found more deeper targets. Even after gridding. Shocked myself at the targets I missed.

Back
Top Bottom