My Kuman/gp pin pointer review...

marro

Hey guys thought I'd put up this little nugget about the Garrett carrot knock off we now see floating around the web..
First off. Im pretty much only comparing this pin pointer to the black pro pointer. I bought it 6 years ago and worked great but kina started giving me problems. Then i got cute and tried to fix it DIY style. (Finished it off).
On to the PP...short and sweet... it did what the pro pointer did just way way weaker. Not much range or depth and yes... you pretty much had to be 1/2 inch away but it beeped faster and faster as you came near the target and it detected 360 degrees along the shaft.
Picked this up out of curiosity and need... i plan to try a trx soon but i really wanted to get out this past weekend. Under 25 bucks spent and i was able to do a bit of hunting before i spring (very soon) for the trx.
In all if for whatever reason you use this pp i say don't expect much more than just a bit of help once you pull out your plug. You will have to really trust your MD...and yes dig down 2 inches when it says so... no just pressing the tip to the grass! Ha ha!
It's an ok back up or an extra to loan to a buddy in a pinch.

-mario

Thanks for the review. I just picked up one to replace the piece of junk that came with my Fisher F2 and haven't had much of a chance to use it yet. I've watched several review videos on YouTube and they all have similar conclusions. Not a bad unit and not a great unit either but it does the job in a pinch. I don't have high expectations but it's better than no pointer at all.

Hey guys thought I'd put up this little nugget about the Garrett carrot knock off we now see floating around the web..

First off. Im pretty much only comparing this pin pointer to the black pro pointer. I bought it 6 years ago and worked great but kina started giving me problems. Then i got cute and tried to fix it DIY style. (Finished it off).

On to the PP...short and sweet... it did what the pro pointer did just way way weaker. Not much range or depth and yes... you pretty much had to be 1/2 inch away but it beeped faster and faster as you came near the target and it detected 360 degrees along the shaft.

Picked this up out of curiosity and need... i plan to try a trx soon but i really wanted to get out this past weekend. Under 25 bucks spent and i was able to do a bit of hunting before i spring (very soon) for the trx.

In all if for whatever reason you use this pp i say don't expect much more than just a bit of help once you pull out your plug. You will have to really trust your MD...and yes dig down 2 inches when it says so... no just pressing the tip to the grass! Ha ha!

It's an ok back up or an extra to loan to a buddy in a pinch.

-mario

I have a Kuman pp it does ok, but you do have to dig a plug out for it to locate a find. But that’s ok too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one I am using until I can get a "good" one. There is a 'supertune' option using a piece of metal (I use a snap type hose clamp) and now I get an inch and a quarter to two inches or more depending on target size. Not bad really. But I do like the TRX that I have been reading about. We will see......

Back
Top Bottom