Monster Depth !

I've never understood this response. My E-Trac air test a good 10-11" which is just what I see in the ground with good conditions.

I have about the same results, I feel that while the FBS models generally don't air test well, they also don't lose as much depth in the soil as other detectors due to signal loss. So if you're air testing a quarter at 12in, you can still expect close to that in most soils.

Detector, you said you air test 10 inches and that's what you get in the ground.I believe you.I can air test a silver quarter at 18 inches,no problem and solid hits both ways.Now,is it hard to believe I could hit it at 18 inches in the ground?and that's running at 3kHz. if so,why?

I'd love to get a detector to air test 22 inches for 600.unfortunately I overpaid by 900.

My V3i is an air test beast even with the stock 10in coil, but it's not getting 22in on anything quarter size or smaller. With a larger coil, and running max power I could probably get near that, but I don't think any detector will do 22in. Here is a video someone posted of the V3i with an Ultimate coil.

Ok,I'll make a air test video.and I hope I dont get slammed.

Haha nah you won't get slammed, I think we just want to see some guys over here using them and posting videos showing their true potential before we all go buy them. Like the video I just posted, the guys getting hits at around 20inches with a V3i and ultimate coil, so I don't doubt that with the right size coil a Signum can air test at 22in, if it can do it with a stock 10in then coil that's super impressive. I just can't imagine any detector finding a quarter size target at nearly 2 foot in the ground, but I've been wrong many times before. I just find company made videos, or those made my people associated with the company, or sale of specific detectors to be questionable which is why I'd like to see more members like yourself posting legit videos of them with American coins. :D

you gotta give it to the shoes...man those shoes are made for dancing!
okey did I just saw a 80cm depth? that is insane for digging...tell us more woodbutcher. this Ruskies machines could be game changer.

I feel that while the FBS models generally don't air test well, they also don't lose as much depth in the soil as other detectors due to signal loss. So if you're air testing a quarter at 12in, you can still expect close to that in most soils.

Agreed CoilToSoil. That is what makes the FBS special in my books. They get as close as I've seen to the same depth in the ground as in the air. Whatever technology they use is unique.

you said you air test 10 inches and that's what you get in the ground.I believe you.I can air test a silver quarter at 18 inches,no problem and solid hits both ways.Now,is it hard to believe I could hit it at 18 inches in the ground?and that's running at 3kHz. if so,why?

While I'd like to see 18" on your air test, that is still a far cry from the 23" that was claimed on the video. Now if you're using that huge coil I saw on the video, looked like a 15" or so?" then I can possibly see a 18" air test. Possibly!!!!. To the day the old saying you can expect about the same depth as your coil is in size seems to be very accurate. It will vary according to conditions, settings and ability, but still all things being equal it is pretty tired and true. Another reason the 23" claim seems a bit out there.

you gotta give it to the shoes...man those shoes are made for dancing!
okey did I just saw a 80cm depth? that is insane for digging...tell us more woodbutcher. this Ruskies machines could be game changer.

:laughing::laughing:
yes,
I watched the guy's shoes too. I thought it was a Russian video,but later
I saw it is a Turkish one. So the shoes model are Turkish :D
The marked depth by the ruler was 60 cm,if I saw it correctly...;)

Woodbutcher... don't get disappointed yet.

I give you alot of credit for taking the plunge into a detector that may not be popular or in some cases hardly heard of.

I know the hodagraph is a unique technology and I'm not sure what the turbo button actually does electronically to get a deeper signal in the ground.

alot of these posts have been really positive and I think we all want to hear more. Don't worry one bit about anyone giving you heck for posting on a new detector. That's what this great forum is all about. Sharing knowledge. There are the few that will mock anything they do not have knowledge of or a products that is not what they use. Just how it goes.

Keep the posts coming and I'm very excited to see any videos you are able to shoot now or when it gets warmer.

-Joe

I'm not sure what the turbo button actually does electronically to get a deeper signal in the ground.

From an earlier post by Woodbutcher, I believe it increases the power output because he mentioned that it drains the batteries pretty quick if you leave it in that mode for long.

The hodograph display is intriguing to me. They are normally used to plot vertical wind shear for storm forecasting.

Papa

Good post silver49009!

None of us are trying to give you a hard time, we're very interested, just a bit leery on the claims.

From an earlier post by Woodbutcher, I believe it increases the power output because he mentioned that it drains the batteries pretty quick if you leave it in that mode for long.

See that is where I have issues. I happen to know from metal detector manufacturers that VLF technology has reached the power increase limit. You reach a point where increasing the power only saturates the ground and causes issues that can give even less depth. Around 20 years ago we reached the limit of increasing depth by increasing power. I believe todays "boost" technology deals with boosting the incoming signal that gets processed.

The hodograph display is intriguing to me. They are normally used to plot vertical wind shear for storm forecasting.

Is that something like the tracing used on the Deus? It does a straight line vs circle thing.

Good post silver49009!

None of us are trying to give you a hard time, we're very interested, just a bit leery on the claims.

See that is where I have issues. I happen to know from metal detector manufacturers that VLF technology has reached the power increase limit. You reach a point where increasing the power only saturates the ground and causes issues that can give even less depth. Around 20 years ago we reached the limit of increasing depth by increasing power. I believe todays "boost" technology deals with boosting the incoming signal that gets processed.

Is that something like the tracing used on the Deus? It does a straight line vs circle thing.

Yeah, I think we all agree Wood is a good guy and not BS'ing us. Most of us are leery about that Turkish video. If it's true then it's a huge advancement in detecting depth, a barrier that hasn't changed much in decades. I think we're just interested in getting some reports and videos from Wood that show us the detectors true capabilities here in the States from someone we can trust.

:laughing::laughing:
yes,
I watched the guy's shoes too. I thought it was a Russian video,but later
I saw it is a Turkish one. So the shoes model are Turkish :D
The marked depth by the ruler was 60 cm,if I saw it correctly...;)

Yeah, there is a good amount of Eastern European people around here and they sure do have a unique sense of style I'm not use to seeing in the States, or Western Europe for that matter. Pointy leather shoes seem to be big there. I'll stick to my English style cap toes for work, and my Northface boots for digging. :D

Yeah, there is a good amount of Eastern European people around here and they sure do have a unique sense of style I'm not use to seeing in the States, or Western Europe for that matter. Pointy leather shoes seem to be big there. I'll stick to my English style cap toes for work, and my Northface boots for digging. :D

Don't you forget to take the cap shoes out before going metal detecting.
It happened to me, I used one of these steel cap shoes for walking in the
woods and my detector beeped like crazy - ghost signals everywhere :laughing:

Don't you forget to take the cap shoes out before going metal detecting.
It happened to me, I used one of these steel cap shoes for walking in the
woods and my detector beeped like crazy - ghost signals everywhere :laughing:

HAHA that would suck. The cap toes are just simple leather dress shoes, no metal in them. My grandfather always wore metal toe wingtip dress shoes for some reason, I still don't know why haha. I try to avoid metal toe boots for everything, never been a fan of them, which is good because I'd probably wear them detecting without realizing it. :D

The turbo when engaged kicks on extra filters to help avoid any emi. This thing is ultra sensitive but I still never had emi, not even a chirp.the disc is death quite, and I like that.no depth lost in disc.I can see how a 26 inch coin could make waves,and honestly I wouldn't dig it.But I stand by a fresh burried 13 inch coin,cause I did it.The hodagraph is unique, and if someone can master it, wow.coins are easy jewelry is different.I will say I can tell foil from a chain,not saying I can guarantee a gold chain cause I can't.but I can guarantee foil,by the hodagraph. Backlight is adjustable,as dim,off,or bright as you want.RT is cool and and be on or off.Real Time is almost a vibration telling you a target is near,before you hit it.I'd say about an inch or 2 around the outside of coil Real Time let's you know a target is near..but dd hot strip has to go over it to sound off.good feature.So many sound settings, Customizing is great.5 tones,run 1,2,3,4or 5.I like 3,..LT bound is a very good feature that is designed for unmasking,numeric rejection of ferrous and non ferrous that can be finely tuned for iron.lots of features,I'll get back to more later.

Coils can be bought from one to 30 kHz,and the machine calibration tells you what frequency your running.also coils can be bought running 3 different frequency, flip from.one to another.not sure if that's an option on small coils though.my 14 kHz coil hits chains ok,but I think I'll get a 18 or 19 kHz 6x10 come spring for parks and basketball courts.the machine is light and well balanced, the straight shaft is nice.feels like I'm holding a assault rifle,very sturdy and well built.I'm gonna invest in rechargeable batteries, this thing eats them.A lot of raw power to the coil,and all the features I guess.No nice box,comes in a regular brown packing box,with bubble wrap. Pinpointing is easy for me,and it's accurate like my other dd coils were.concentrated coils are available for this unit also if you chooses.

Coils can be bought from one to 30 kHz,and the machine calibration tells you what frequency your running.also coils can be bought running 3 different frequency, flip from.one to another.not sure if that's an option on small coils though.my 14 kHz coil hits chains ok,but I think I'll get a 18 or 19 kHz 6x10 come spring for parks and basketball courts.the machine is light and well balanced, the straight shaft is nice.feels like I'm holding a assault rifle,very sturdy and well built.I'm gonna invest in rechargeable batteries, this thing eats them.A lot of raw power to the coil,and all the features I guess.No nice box,comes in a regular brown packing box,with bubble wrap. Pinpointing is easy for me,and it's accurate like my other dd coils were.concentrated coils are available for this unit also if you chooses.

You've talked us into expecting a video Woody! I'm excited to see it!

Cheers!

I've never filmed,except that one time in Vegas..awe man I forgot what happens in Vegas.....lol..I will make one or a few.it's about 8 inches of snow here though.From what I understand about this machine,it's main platform wad designed to deal with iron and it does that very well.A lot of other great features probably came along in the design.It is fast,And the audio adjustments for dealing with iron I've never had on any prior machines.I'm very happy with it so far.One machine I do miss though,and that is my se pro I had.I just really did like that machine for some reason,it was just fun.I would buy another, and probably will.

Back
Top Bottom